Touch screen laptops/notebooks for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At that price range you are going to have to make a choice between touch screen or discrete graphics. If you absolutely have to have a touch screen at that price you will be getting internal graphics from either AMD or Intel. Do not expect "good" SL performance at all. If can spare with the touch screen there is the Dell G15 I found doing a quick search at Best Buy. It has an AMD Ryzen 5 and a RTX-3050 with a 120hz refresh for the screen which ill perform "better" than internal graphics but it has no touch screen, its much thicker as well. At that price range you are going to have make some trade offs on what is better for you. You will also have to define what is "good" as well. If you want a laptop with zero client lag in a crowded region you will have to spend in the $3000+ range for a top gaming laptop.

I have an old Toshiba Kira touch-screen laptop (currently out of action) with Intel HD integrated graphics 5500 (which do surprisingly well).

I found the touch screen to be awkward to use for SL and often difficult to be precise when selecting things. Maybe my fingers are too fat! Fingernails aren't helpful, either. As a result, I always used the trusted cursor of my mouse instead.

That's my perspective of touch-screen operation; you may well find otherwise but, as @MarissaOrloff points out, it is an expensive experiment! 

Intel generally seems to be the preferred option for SL, mainly due to better OpenGL support.

Edited by Odaks
additional comment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.