NIL

Galeen Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

During this current Halloween season you may choose one of these names.  Next month you won't have that option.  A year from now,  they may offer some or all of these same names again. That's a whole year from now,  so they aren't making any promises. Just keeping options open. 

I'm not sure what the question is, then. The names are available now.  They won't be available next month.  They might be available again in the future, maybe. Next year is a whole twelve months away, and crystal balls are notoriously bad at predicting things more than a day ahead. If some of these names are incredibly popular, the Lab doesn't want to say, "Nope, we're never going to offer them again." They're saying, "Maybe".

Limited edition usually refers to a specific amount of something and not a time frame for availability.  However, in this case they did explain the limited part by the second sentence. 

"These names for Halloween are seasonal and may come back around this time next year, for a limited time." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galeen Galli said:

NIL

Please don't do this.

There are no silly questions. 

If you have a question, no matter how simple or silly it may seem, others will have the same question.

Blanking your post denies others the answer and makes this whole thread useless.

It also denies LL the opportunity to learn from the cause of your question, which in this case was unclear communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Please don't do this.

There are no silly questions. 

If you have a question, no matter how simple or silly it may seem, others will have the same question.

Blanking your post denies others the answer and makes this whole thread useless.

It also denies LL the opportunity to learn from the cause of your question, which in this case was unclear communication.

even if they blank it,  it can be seen by staff/moderators.    all forums do it this way now, so it's not possible to hide or delete posts even if the user has the option, all it does is hide the edit/deletion from view,  it can be restored if LL choose to do so.

I don't use the forums, so I apologize if removing my post is considered in poor taste. 

My first attempt at asking the question garnered a result which seemed - to me - to simply repeat the information which was already in the official post. I attempted to reframe the inquiry in the case that had been unclear, and in hopes for a more specific answer. The second response from the same poster was similar to the first, only with what I perceived to be some growing impatience. Both responses I had received at that point - in my opinion - were simply re-wording what had already been said. 

Again, I'm not a forum user. This foray felt unsuccessful and so I removed my post and didn't think anything of it until I received further notifications. I had no ill intentions, I simply didn't want to continue what felt like a potentially fruitless conversation, nor did I want to comment anything that would likely just read as crass or rude (which makes this post kind of ironic). I was honestly just making the decision to move on and didn't anticipate explaining away my choice, however, I'm happy to do so in order to clarify any misunderstandings. 

Hopefully that clears it up, and there are no hard feelings anywhere. Thanks! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.