Why is my destination search no longer showing/working? It just remains blank.

RoseZakura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I first logged on I could enter, say, 'Japan' and it would come up as normal with the list of finds etc. Now, the box just comes up totally blank no matter what search I enter. If I click on 'help', the box also remains blank. Any ideas why this might be??

Thanks!!

14 answers to this question

Hi, no, I'm in advanced....for the moment I'm trying to get around it by looking on the pages here for locations, but most of them say 'fail to load'...maybe it's Firefox, but would that also affect ingame search?? Bizarre...

It's the latest viewer (only downloaded 2 days ago - worked perfectly at first then nothing with no pop up warning for failuer etc). Thank you for that link - I updated everything as they suggested, as well as restarting computer, and still nothing - on the login screen there is now no image at all, just a black page with my log in details at the bottom. My flash etc works on other websites, just seems not to be working in SL?!

hmmm...perhaps time for a full uninstall and reinstall. Did you allow the viewer update or did you uninstall the previous viewer before installing the latest one. I usually advise people to open Preferences > Setup tab and change 'Software updates' drop down menu to 'Download and install updates manually', as the automatic update process has caused problems for some. Unless you are experiencing problems a simple uninstall from the Start Menu > All Programs > Second Life should suffice before downloading and installing future viewer releases.

On this occasion, I sugegst you uninstall the viewer completely including manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData > Roaming and AppData > Local.

If AppData is hidden, you need to enable viewing. Follow the instructions for your OS here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74220 or here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

Now download Second Life from the main download page and install it.

Log into the region Smith. If you can't change Login Location, tick the box 'Show on login' under Preferences > General > Login Location. Make sure you are in Advanced mode and not Basic prior to logging in and allow your Inventory to load.

If Search still isn't working, I'm out of ideas other than trying another viewer or another browser although loads of people use Firefox and it was working for you. If you're still in trouble, I'll ask Peewee and see if she has any ideas as she uses Firefox.

Setup. Noted. I keep getting the tabs mixed up when I don't have access to the viewer.

Much good it did, though... :| Next time I think I'll just stand back and let you perform your magic as you always do and provide with the answer that actually help...

(Nah. I won't. I'll keep trying... :D)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.