Ebody Reborn

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Very clean and super easy to use. I think you should be able to get a good look at it in the demo?

I checked out the demo, very easy to use it looks like clean too! This is one thing that stopped me from using the Legacy Perky body, I just could not stand the HUDs no matter how hard I tried. And inevitably would return back to Maitreya.  

36 minutes ago, Matilda Melune said:

I checked out the demo, very easy to use it looks like clean too! This is one thing that stopped me from using the Legacy Perky body, I just could not stand the HUDs no matter how hard I tried. And inevitably would return back to Maitreya.  

I would say, it's on par with the Maitreya HUD in terms of ease of use.

• Like 1

I tried a demo of this body with my girl alts not long ago. The hud is very easy. But I did not like the body shape. It's very much like Kupra with huge hips and butt in comparison with the rest of the body. There's a deformer included to reduce it but the effect is so slight it's barely noticeable. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Janet Voxel said:

I used to say that all the time on here.

This one is going to make a splash though.

I see a lot of creators making for this one, probably because they are allowing more people access to their kits unlike Erica who despite stating she approves 99% of requests for the kits I have found it to be greatly untrue. 

20 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I see a lot of creators making for this one, probably because they are allowing more people access to their kits unlike Erica who despite stating she approves 99% of requests for the kits I have found it to be greatly untrue. 

Sure. It's a good alternative for Maitreya and Legacy and it's easy to resize clothing for rigging since pretty much the same size. It's a win win for everybody.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Aduvi said:

I use the legacy Perky body, I still don't know if it's a good option for me, maybe with some deformers (??

I used to use legacy.  Switched back to Maitreya.  Just bought the Reborn and am still working on a shape.

The big issue for me with Legacy is...totally naked, my avatar runs over 1 million triangle.  With Reborn, it's less than half that.  It does include some deformers which I'll be using on the butt.  It's oddly high.  Otherwise, it's comparable to the softer curves I had with Legacy.

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I used to use legacy.  Switched back to Maitreya.  Just bought the Reborn and am still working on a shape.

The big issue for me with Legacy is...totally naked, my avatar runs over 1 million triangle.  With Reborn, it's less than half that.  It does include some deformers which I'll be using on the butt.  It's oddly high.  Otherwise, it's comparable to the softer curves I had with Legacy.

It's not the triangle count that kills performance, its the number of individual rigged meshes that have to be animated.

eBody Reborn (demo at least) is ~45, which is better than the Lara base layer ~75, but not even close to the Kupra (all in one) at ~25

Lara also has a weird "naughty" bounding box so the viewer perceives it as bigger on screen when it isn't.

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's not the triangle count that kills performance, its the number of individual rigged meshes that have to be animated.

eBody Reborn (demo at least) is ~45, which is better than the Lara base layer ~75, but not even close to the Kupra (all in one) at ~25

Lara also has a weird "naughty" bounding box so the viewer perceives it as bigger on screen when it isn't.

Kupra isn't even an option for me so Reborn is the next best thing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Oh nice, I already have it and wear it nearly all the time, but I think my alt needs it too!

I'm tempted to get it for my last alt I made a little while back to check out the start zone.. But I'm already getting lost in the other alts inventory plus get absent minded when I'm on the MP..

I'll go to buy something and forget that I'm not on this avatar.. that gets expensive.. hehehehe

I've been on the fence about getting Reborn for a while; I always thought it was a really lovely body but I wasn't sure if I could live with the butt. Today I decided to go for it. I already have some clothes and footwear for it so I don't need to rush out and get a whole new wardrobe. 

I love that it's mod - I made a copy and textured my magic silver arm on it, as I've done already with Freya and Erika. And I don't get it but the texture maps much better on Reborn than it does on the other two. I guess it must be because there arent any alpha cuts between the elbow and the wrist?

The butt is - big. But still, with sliders at 0 and the deformer on, it's not so big as to be a dealbreaker.  

M22_373.thumb.jpg.cbff7ecacea2eece78bd18bf99520225.jpg

I feel better now, knowing I have a body that will eventually replace Freya and doesn't involve either reverting to Maitreya or buying Legacy.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

I've been on the fence about getting Reborn for a while; I always thought it was a really lovely body but I wasn't sure if I could live with the butt. Today I decided to go for it. I already have some clothes and footwear for it so I don't need to rush out and get a whole new wardrobe. 

I love that it's mod - I made a copy and textured my magic silver arm on it, as I've done already with Freya and Erika. And I don't get it but the texture maps much better on Reborn than it does on the other two. I guess it must be because there arent any alpha cuts between the elbow and the wrist?

The butt is - big. But still, with sliders at 0 and the deformer on, it's not so big as to be a dealbreaker.  

M22_373.thumb.jpg.cbff7ecacea2eece78bd18bf99520225.jpg

I feel better now, knowing I have a body that will eventually replace Freya and doesn't involve either reverting to Maitreya or buying Legacy.

I'm not even using any deformers with mine and I've been able to live with the behind.   It's probably closer to my RL shape than any other body I've used.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Still super meh about it TBH, it demands deformers to kludge it into shape which just needlessly consumes attachment points, but if I want to shop it's starting to feel like I have no choice as kupra seems to be getting pushed out.

What got me back to using the body was, I went and got the Sessions V-Bento..

I demoed it when they came out with a reborn version to see how the hud deformers would work on the body..

It brought the butt down without messing a lot of other areas up plus could bring it in pretty nicely also..

The nice thing is, the hud has three save slots for the breast and three for the butt.. So once you set things where you want.. you just save them to one of the slots and can take the hud and the V off.. then if for any reason you get knocked out of shape, which i haven't had happen yet.. you can just put them back on. click on the spot you saved and then everything will go back.. then take them off and be on your way without taking up any attach points..

I had my reborn sitting on the shelf until I bought that..  I couldn't find any deformers that worked for me until then.

It's worth a shot demoing both of them to see how they work together:)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.