Firestorm login problem, reported and promptly fixed, but why just Firestorm?

arabellajones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A problem hit Firestorm users late on Monday, affecting logins, pretty rapidly fixed, but it worries me, because I have no idea what makes Firestorm different from every other viewer.

Status reports on Firestorm login problem

At least I can rule out the Firestorm team doing something through Facebook, the timing is wrong for that, but this still feels strange.

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Right now there's a problem on the "Aditi" beta grid with Firestorm and Catznip (at least) claiming to be unable to load a certificate, but trying right now I can get in with a Linden viewer.

We will have Catznip Beta 8 up later today that fixes this issue, this should be our final beta before a full release.

Kitty fixed this a week and a half ago, before it was even a problem, and then forgot to put it online so other people could use it 🙄

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

We will have Catznip Beta 8 up later today that fixes this issue, this should be our final beta before a full release.

Kitty fixed this a week and a half ago, before it was even a problem, and then forgot to put it online so other people could use it 🙄

I am relieved to know that it was not just Firestorm.

18 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

More like Lab staff pulled all nighters in a mad panic and fixed it the hard way.

which means neither me (the dev) nor the user had to do something, thats whats generally called something that fixed itself, possibly because the issue was on SL's end (LL) thus them fixing it is a self-fix... i might just be trying to think logic into a phrase though

Y'know, Niran, sometimes we do need to give the LL technicians a bit of credit for the hard work they do!

From what I gathered, this certificate issue was quite unexpected and to expect them to understand the effect on TPVs when they had not even been aware of what it was that had changed, is asking a bit much.  Whether or not you blame them for the issue or not THEY fixed it PDQ, it did not fix itself.

Oh, and for the record I am a long-term FS user and no LL fanboi.

Edited by Aishagain

On 10/5/2021 at 12:59 PM, arabellajones said:

A problem hit Firestorm users late on Monday, affecting logins, pretty rapidly fixed, but it worries me, because I have no idea what makes Firestorm different from every other viewer.

Status reports on Firestorm login problem

At least I can rule out the Firestorm team doing something through Facebook, the timing is wrong for that, but this still feels strange.

There's nothing sinister to worry about.
The login issue affected any viewer that did not include this commit:  https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/commits/56b02aee2eff313c45adbbf6f2d93493cb6cced2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Y'know, Niran, sometimes we do need to give the LL technicians a bit of credit for the hard work they do!

From what I gathered, this certificate issue was quite unexpected and to expect them to understand the effect on TPVs when they had not even been aware of what it was that had changed, is asking a bit much.  Whether or not you blame them for the issue or not THEY fixed it PDQ, it did not fix itself.

Oh, and for the record I am a long-term FS user and no LL fanboi.

I'm not saying i don't give them credit.

15 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

There's nothing sinister to worry about.
The login issue affected any viewer that did not include this commit:  https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/commits/56b02aee2eff313c45adbbf6f2d93493cb6cced2

That commit is dated 11th June 2021, so it may not be sinister.

But I am not a computer, so I may have misunderstood that link.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.