Is thier ANY furry-friendly RP's out there

Cashuea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems every single RP sim i go too has a "no furry" rule. I understand not all of us have the best of reputations, but come on. Thier has to be something.

I also apolgoies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this, but it is the RP forum.

edit: i also apolgies if this seems more of a rant than a question, but i seen alot fo nice RP sims with such rules. I just want a good place where i am acually welcomed at. thats all.

Doomed Ship, Lismore Lands, and Necronom. At least the first two are decent, I think. Haven't been to Necronom. I am extremely picky with what sort of RP I enjoy though personally, so someone else may have an easier time finding a furry-friendly sim they like.

But yes, finding good RP for furries is difficult... It's sad. But I think part of the reason is most people, especially in RP, want some sort of realism, and the only anthro-animals in SL tend to look very anime and cartoony.

I'm wondering the same thing. I want to do the dark, urban rp sims but I don't have a human avatar. (I just can't get into the shapes and skins, but that's just me) I always found it ironic that a lot of these rp sims will allow vampires, werewolves and other assortments of monsters but not furries because, and I quote, "they want to keep a sense of realism...

Cashuea wrote:

Seems every single RP sim i go too has a "no furry" rule. I understand not all of us have the best of reputations, but come on. Thier has to be something.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think all RP restrictions against furries have to do with reputation, often it simply boils down to theme. When someone goes to a "historical Rome" based RP area wich is advertised with imagery typical of that era, they don't expect to see bipedal talking cartoon fox people.

When someone goes to a sci-fi horror themed sim inspired by Alien, Dead Space, etcetera, fluffy pink cartoon bunny people are going to kinda kill that atmosphere.

I know Doomed Ship welcomes furry visitors to come take a look, but asks them to adopt in-theme avatars (ie: not furry) if they wish to RP there. The staff doesn't want to make a blanket "no furries" rule but since a lot of furries flatly refuse to abide by the existing rules and decide to RP there as furries anyways there has been a lot of call for Doomed to become yet another strictly "no furries" sim.

I always found it odd that furries seem to swarm into non-furry RP areas, yet the RP areas that actively welcome furries tend to be empty all the time. Necronom is open to furries. The Wilds. Black Gaza(sp?) all either furry or welcoming of furry characters in their RP.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Of course the answer that little issue would be to set up a few RP sims where humans are banned but are open to any other non-human type of avatar.

Or it could be like "The Wilds" which is furry only. You know, if there were a Star Fox sim out there that banned human avatars, I doubt you'd hear much grumbling.I betcha humans who put on elf ears and claimed to be "aliens" would be looked down upon just as much as furries in non-furry sci-fi sims claiming to be aliens, thinking they're clever in getting around the theme. (Especially those set in themes where there are no animal-like aliens.) It just makes sense as in the Star Fox universe all you ever see are furries, no humans. Actually, furry-only RP areas make a lot of sense. More often than not, "furry" is a theme, often excluding human characters. This is also why furry avatars are often at odds with RP areas that are not themselves specifically "furry".

When there are characters in an otherwise "human" environment they are either limited in number and exist for very specific reasons (ie: Ninja Turtles) or they are limited to a number of specific races with a specific kind of appearance. (ie: World of Darkness has werewolves, but you will never see a mascot headed, giant-eyed cartoon character claiming to be a werewolf in WoD art).

Come check out the Lost Yard.  It's a DCS rp sim and we allow everyone.  We are very small right now, but steadily working to grow larger.  Our current races are vampire, lycan, undead, mutant, supernatural, angel, demon, mechanicals, nekos and witch/warlock.  It's a dark urban sim.  The backstory is an abandoned train yard that a demoness claimed.  The rest of us came in and kind of messed up her private domain.  The staff and owners are long time RPers and enjoy meeting new people.  Stop in, take a look at the rules, and have a look around.  I'm usually around there, so if you have any questions shoot me an IM. 

• 2 weeks later...

Check out star wars role play they accept everybody and you wont be turned down its a little boring at first but once you learned everything it'll go by nice if your not into that join a SL Combat group like the group I'm in X-corp or the Alliance Navy..hope you find something you like :D

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.