Alright lads, its our turn. Show off your pics for the ladies to comment on.

Drake1 Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

untitled1124627-520x450.jpg?quality=90&s

My index finger is shorter and i can guarantee you that what these "researches" say is total BS.

Absolutely… this is total BS. There is no correlation between an anatomical feature like fingers and sexual behaviours or autism. I would love to know what paper detailed this study as I couldn’t find any on pubmed, jstor etc… probably some physiology’s student final year project or a desperate lecturer trying to find a FY project for their class 🤣

My index and ring fingers are of equal length and I’m a woman, and yet I have Asperger’s. Can’t comment about sexual partners lol 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Girls thread: Nothing much but likes and compliments and occasional photography advice.

Boys thread: Centaur nitpicking, "you look like an icecream man" and are you sure your hands are the right size?

Either way, the rest of the guys should basically just give up at this point. The dadbod has been dropped. You cant win.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I take studies.like that with a grain of salt.  

Once I read a study about a grain of salt. I think you would enjoy it. 

38 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Boys thread: Centaur nitpicking, 

Nobody was picking his nits. If he has nits he should use a special shampoo or some birds. And then use Spot on to avoid getting them again. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I take studies.like that with a grain of salt.  I was surprised to find someone had actually bothered to do a study on it.  Why?  

Now i see..

"..The study is published in the Asian Journal of Andrology... blah blah"

(*No need for me to comment on this.. )

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

After digging around a bit, it turns out that p--is size and somatometric parameters seem to be a concern to many men from different nations... 😄

https://www.nature.com/articles/ijir201153

I'll be checking out the fingers ratio on all my male colleagues when I am next in the practice 😆

From that article...

There has still not been enough study on the topic, and there is no standard technique for getting an accurate ***** length measurement. 

Any men here willing to sign up for a study?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Girls thread: Nothing much but likes and compliments and occasional photography advice.

Boys thread: Centaur nitpicking, "you look like an icecream man" and are you sure your hands are the right size?

Either way, the rest of the guys should basically just give up at this point. The dadbod has been dropped. You cant win.

Well, bearing in mind that the original post for women was intended as a sort of joke in the first instance anyway . . .

I think both threads could usefully die. I don't really see the point of threads for pictures that are specifically targeted at one gender or the other. And it's kinda heteronormative, no? I'm not allowed to be attracted to a photo of a woman in the other thread, because they are only for men to admire?

Be as sexy and provocative as you want (or as the mods will permit)! And people will respond as they will. I don't see any need for threads that are literally soliciting wolf whistles.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, bearing in mind that the original post for women was intended as a sort of joke in the first instance anyway . . .

I think both threads could usefully die. I don't really see the point of threads for pictures that are specifically targeted at one gender or the other. And it's kinda heteronormative, no? I'm not allowed to be attracted to a photo of a woman in the other thread, because they are only for men to admire?

Be as sexy and provocative as you want (or as the mods will permit)! And people will respond as they will. I don't see any need for threads that are literally soliciting wolf whistles.

To be honest when I first arrived in these forums I did raise an eyebrow when I saw the women's thread.

But then just thought I was missing something - being new and all that.

I'm not sure if it's related to the general demographic of the forums (I'm in the same demographic by the way), but I know that most of my RL friends and colleagues would see it as pretty crass (at best).

There are no doubt lot's of reasons why I'm missing the whole zeitgeist on this, and I definitely don't want to come across as a spoilsport; I'm genuinely open to being educated on this.

is there a fine line between artistic expression (erotic or not) and simple (anachronistic) titillation? 

That's a genuine question from a philistine of the first order 😀

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SynesthetiQ said:

But not a question Narcissus asked himself while admiring his reflection in the water ..

Dionysus probably fed him too much booze ( or some other substance )  beforehand ... ;)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SynesthetiQ said:

To be honest when I first arrived in these forums I did raise an eyebrow when I saw the women's thread.

I'm not sure if it's related to the general demographic of the forums (I'm in the same demographic by the way), but I know that most of my RL friends and colleagues would see it as pretty crass (at best).

There are no doubt lot's of reasons why I'm missing the whole zeitgeist on this, and I definitely don't want to come across as a spoilsport; I'm genuinely open to being educated on this.

is there a fine line between artistic expression (erotic or not) and simple (anachronistic) titillation? 

I believe (please correct me if  I am wrong)  that thread was started as a joke.. a joke gone awry, as some ladies took it seriously as a way to showcase their assets.

I am not sure whether I'd define it as crass ... silly maybe... I don't think it was meant to be a gallery of supreme erotica.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SynesthetiQ said:

1 hour ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I believe (please correct me if  I am wrong)  that thread was started as a joke.. a joke gone awry, as some ladies took it seriously as a way to showcase their assets.

I am not sure whether I'd define it as crass ... silly maybe... I don't think it was meant to be a gallery of supreme erotica.

Yep, it's defo a joke thread as the OP explained in this post: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/459251-women-post-show-off-them-pictures-and-let-the-boys-comment-on-them/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-2171774

TL;DR - There was an original sexy mens thread started years ago, then someone nercoed it and a sexy women joke thread was created in response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SynesthetiQ said:

I don't think there's an easy or short answer to the issues you raise. Personally, I'd not use the term "crass," although I know entirely what you mean, and it's something I feel (somewhat guiltily) myself, because it has a slightly elitist or classist connotation. It's like the term "vulgar," another one I avoid (despite constant temptation), because it's superior and highly subjective. But, again, I do understand what you mean -- this isn't a criticism.

In general, I dislike the idea of "packaging oneself" for display, particularly when the point is to attract romantic or sexual interest. It's so superficial, and, of course, it's objectifying oneself -- willingly turning oneself into an object to be admired and, at least potentially, "consumed." There's so much more to all of us that makes us valuable than what can be presented in a mere cheesecake photo. And it encourages superficiality, like people who approach one with sex or romance in mind merely on the basis of one's looks.

That said, "packaging oneself" is, of course, something we all do, every day. Women, including myself, like to say that we dress up for ourselves, rather than for others, and there's a lot of truth to that. Certainly, I don't deliberately pander to what I think will attract men's attention in my stylistic choices: they have to reflect, to articulate, who *I* am, and not what someone else wants me to be.

But it would be disingenuous to suggest that none of us care about how we are seen, or whether or not others think we are attractive. I mean, duh? I probably prefer women commenting on my appearance to men doing so, but that's because 1) I'm not looking for love or sex, 2) women are less likely to have an ulterior motive for complimenting me, and 3) I trust their sense of style more than I do a man's. (Yes, I'm sorry. Not universally true obviously, but on the whole, women have better taste, at least in terms of what makes women look good.) If a man tells me I look beautiful, I'm probably suspicious, but it would be lying to say I'm not also flattered.

So, on the whole, I have nothing against "vanity" pics. And in terms of what people choose to wear -- well, that's their business, and their right. (That doesn't exempt them from criticism, of course, but, again, it is their right). And this has nothing to do with how "sexily" we choose to dress: the amount of skin I show need not have anything to do with attracting the male gaze. It's not about how much we show off, but rather about what we communicate about why we've chosen to dress a certain way.

So I do think it sends the wrong message when we wrap so much of ourselves up in our appearance, and when we consciously, deliberately, and overtly package ourselves for consumption. I think it's much, much healthier to take a more holistic approach to our appearance -- to recognize that, yes, pleasing others is a part of it, but that it is also another way in which we articulate important dimensions of ourselves that are deeper than the surface.

And if people like how we look? That's great! If they are attracted to us because of how we dress? Also, generally speaking, great! But I'd hate to think that the opinion of others was the only reason for dressing as we do.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

untitled1124627-520x450.jpg?quality=90&s

My index finger is shorter and i can guarantee you that what these "researches" say is total BS.

My index finger is longer then the ring finger what that's mean? Other than that my wife is quite happy wink wink nod nod

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So I do think it sends the wrong message when we wrap so much of ourselves up in our appearance, and when we consciously, deliberately, and overtly package ourselves for consumption.

Bite me. :P

( ETA : I mean , isn' t it supposed to just remain tongue in cheek ? ) 

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.