Offline / Online status

TrishSummers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know how ro mark yourself as Offline when you are logged in?  I have noticed that some people I can see and are active in SL, are shown as Offline when you view profile.  Is this something can be turned on or off?  And is this the best way to be marked as being busy, if I just want some 'me time'?  Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Go to Avatar menu select Preferences then Privacy and Click "Only friends and groups know i am online" .  (see photo)

(*People can still check on you if they use specific huds/scripts)

Screenshot_2021-10-02_13-25-01.thumb.png.bea68d9882740418971f3579c33f4676.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

If you do NOT want a specific avatar/friend to see if you are online or not, open his/her profile, go to the Notes section and uncheck the option "See when I am online". With this action, you can log in and out of SL, and you will always appear as Offline to that avatar.

Notes.png.9c793b41c5730cc73ad9997468e9e10a.png

Edited by Echelon Alcott

9 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

If you do NOT want a specific avatar/friend to see if you are online or not, open his/her profile, go to the Notes section and uncheck the option "See when I am online". With this action, you can log in and out of SL, and you will always appear as Offline to that avatar.

Notes.png.9c793b41c5730cc73ad9997468e9e10a.png

Keep in mind SOME people will see this as you specifically trying to hide from them and will throw hissy fits and unfriend you immediately if you do this. :) I've heard.....

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Keep in mind SOME people will see this as you specifically trying to hide from them and will throw hissy fits and unfriend you immediately if you do this. :) I've heard.....

Yeah this is why I do not do it, even if I want to. Not to avoid certain people but to get some needed space when I feel like I need it, however I wish there was a way to be able to appear offline properly lmao.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.