Three-quarters of my screen is blued-out

palmiera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A weird thing happens occasionally when I visit some sims.  It hasn't happened for a long while before today. Attached is a screenshot of me at LAQ.

I'm using Firefox on Linux.  I can see through the blue, and I can move around enough to see through the clear part.

Does anyone have an idea of what's up with this?

thanks,

Palmiera

Snapshot_001.png

6 answers to this question

It looks like you have a prim attached to your screen, like a HUD but without a script.  Open the WORN tab in your inventory to figure out what it is and detach it.  The fact that it's not always there tells me that it's either (1) always there but usually transparent or (2) usually in your inventory but attached by a script that is in something you are wearing (maybe a HUD?). 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It looks like you have a prim attached to your screen, like a HUD but without a script.  Open the WORN tab in your inventory to figure out what it is and detach it.  The fact that it's not always there tells me that it's either (1) always there but usually transparent or (2) usually in your inventory but attached by a script that is in something you are wearing (maybe a HUD?). 

Thanks -- that makes a lot of sense. So I tried taking off everything that shows as worn or attached, and replaced my skin and shape and eyes and brows, but it didn't change anything.

I also tried logging into another account of mine, and the same thing happened when I went to that sim. It's not the only sim where this happens, although I can't remember which others prompt this weirdness.

Luckily, it happens so infrequently that I can live with it.

Edited by palmiera

7 minutes ago, palmiera said:

I also tried logging into another account of mine, and the same thing happened when I went to that sim. It's not the only sim where this happens, although I can't remember which others prompt this weirdness.

Hmmm... That is weird.  You and your alt may have both picked up the same odd object, I suppose.  Still if you look in your WORN tab and don't see anything unusual, that whole explanation may be wrong.  I'm at a loss for what to say next.

11 minutes ago, palmiera said:

Luckily, it happens so infrequently that I can live with it.

That's good.  It may be your only option for now.  🙁

That would be a hard glitch to explain. The screen isn't blue all over.  It has a big rectangle chewed out of the NE corner.  And it only appears in certain specific regions.  Truly puzzling, since it isn't showing up as an attachment.  It beats me.

EDIT:  Oh, wait ..... if that blue prim is temp attached, it won't show up in your WORN tab, because it's never in your inventory.  That would explain quite a bit.  So it's possible that you (and your alt) have accepted something -- a piece of jewelry maybe -- that contains a script that temp attaches the blue screen object from its inventory.  That could be a bear to find. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Hey, @Rolig Loon -- you were right after all.  I was just shopping for a mesh head and body, and after trying all the new stuff on, I went back to the sim where I had a problem, and the blue overlay is gone!

I don't know what it was or what it was attached to, but I'm sure you're right.  I'm going to look a little more at what my two accounts have in common, and find the exact culprit.

Thanks!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.