Baroque/Rococo Kitchens?

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, 

I've been furnishing a new place and I'm looking for a kitchen that will complement the style of the rest of the interior; I've mostly gone with a rococo or baroque theme with gilded, quilted chairs and beds, ornate marble and wood desks and tables, mirrors, fireplaces, chandeliers, artworks and musical instruments.

However, I haven't found success in finding a kitchen that matches the theme and suits the rest of the interior space; there are a good number of elaborate, well-featured dining rooms but the kitchens I've found have mostly either been of a rustic, plain, unfinished or provincial style or solely in a modern, minimalistic style which doesn't fit well with the theme of the interior.

I'm not trying to completely avoid modern furniture or appliances at all; if possible I would like to find something that incorporates modern appliances or has space for appliances such as a microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. I'm looking for something that preferably comes in different, modular pieces, so I'm not stuck with one object that doesn't fit around the entire room.

I understand that, historically, large palaces may have their kitchens filled with servants away from view of the main household and thus sport a plainer, more utilitarian look. But I am going for a modern, historically-inspired build, so I'm wondering if there are any baroque or rococo-themed kitchens in SL or otherwise those that have an ornate, regal, palatial look in any other style which may complement the rest of the furniture. The prevailing style I understand mostly consists of a good amount of marble and fine wood, with plenty of gold or silver inlays and accents in furniture with a base colour such as white, cream, brown or black. I've attached a collage of reference photos to give an idea of what I'm looking for; some of which incorporates modern appliances.

If anyone can help me find anything that complements the rest of my build, I am most thankful;

- Charlotte Sinclair

Kitchens.jpg

Edited by LottaSinclair

9 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Hello everyone, 

I've been furnishing a new place and I'm looking for a kitchen that will complement the style of the rest of the interior; I've mostly gone with a rococo or baroque theme with gilded, quilted chairs and beds, ornate marble and wood desks and tables, mirrors, fireplaces, chandeliers, artworks and musical instruments.

However, I haven't found success in finding a kitchen that matches the theme and suits the rest of the interior space; there are a good number of elaborate, well-featured dining rooms but the kitchens I've found have mostly either been of a rustic, plain, unfinished or provincial style or solely in a modern, minimalistic style which doesn't fit well with the theme of the interior.

I'm not trying to completely avoid modern furniture or appliances at all; if possible I would like to find something that incorporates modern appliances or has space for appliances such as a microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. I'm looking for something that preferably comes in different, modular pieces, so I'm not stuck with one object that doesn't fit around the entire room.

I understand that, historically, large palaces may have their kitchens filled with servants away from view of the main household and thus sport a plainer, more utilitarian look. But I am going for a modern, historically-inspired build, so I'm wondering if there are any baroque or rococo-themed kitchens in SL or otherwise those that have an ornate, regal, palatial look in any other style which may complement the rest of the furniture. The prevailing style I understand mostly consists of a good amount of marble and fine wood, with plenty of gold or silver inlays and accents in furniture with a base colour such as white, cream, brown or black. I've attached a collage of reference photos to give an idea of what I'm looking for; some of which incorporates modern appliances.

If anyone can help me find anything that complements the rest of my build, I am most thankful;

- Charlotte Sinclair

Kitchens.jpg

I have this one.  It's modular so you can set it up in whatever configuration you would like that fits in your space.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Con-Catia-Kitchen-WHITE-Modular-Kitchen/13132802

Catia_Kitchen_copy.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Lotta,

Rowan gave you a nice chose : )

I found a few possible things on some of the bloggers i check out: (i looked for the white/gold theme).

Carissa%2BKitchen.png

https://www.landhausinterior.de/2021/09/carissa-kitchen.html

2020%2BHeart%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bhome%2BFINAL.jpg

https://majestyfiles.blogspot.com/2020/10/majesty-st-cloud-living-heart-of-home.html

2020%2BKelly%2527s%2BDining%2BExperience%2BFINAL%2BTRUE%2BTRUE.jpg

https://majestyfiles.blogspot.com/2020/01/majesty-kellys-dining-experience.html

Have a great day,

Josephine

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.