Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-09-27

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

No roll is planned for Second Life Server hosts after our promotion of version 563375 to all hosts last week.

Second Life RC

We are planning a rolling restart this week. Due to technical constraints this rolling restart will show as version 564195, however there are no changes in code or configuration from the currently deployed version 563375.

Wednesday 2021-09-29 07:00-10:30 PDT

On Region Restarts

Grid Poking Bot has been brought back online and should restart regions that reach 2 weeks up continuous uptime. We will continue to do mass restarts via version updates for the time being however, as this allows us to more fully refresh the environment the simulators are running in, not just the individual simulators themselves.

• Thanks 4

@Mazidox LindenMay I assume that after today's emergency restarts the server version showing is 564394?  I am a little disorientated at present since my region (Woods of Heaven) has been on and off like a light-switch today.

This is not me being narked, I am thankful that such swift action was taken (though I am not really surprised since SL's economy was being badly impacted by the certificate issue).

6 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

@Mazidox LindenMay I assume that after today's emergency restarts the server version showing is 564394?  I am a little disorientated at present since my region (Woods of Heaven) has been on and off like a light-switch today.

This is not me being narked, I am thankful that such swift action was taken (though I am not really surprised since SL's economy was being badly impacted by the certificate issue).

Oh, that's what happened today?  I missed it.  LL usually has the defecation scraped off of the rotary oscillator by the time I get home from work and log into Second Life.  I peeked in at lunch time today to answer a viewer question for somebody and saw the red checkerboard of a world map while setting a beacon and went "?".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.