Can't access other ratings besides "General"

Fisery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I created my account back in 2017, was being truthful to my real age, and now my account is stuff as a teen account when I'm 21. I was 17 when I made the account and now it's been 4 years but I have no access to any mature or adult content on second life. I would like to be able to change this so that I can go to land that has body meshes and clothing and whatnot so that I can update my avatar but I have no option to change from "general" to any other rating.

Is my account stuck as a "teen" account forever? Do I have to change something in my setting to show that I'm no longer a teen? It's starting to get really annoying and I'm about to just sign off and not sign in again, especially if I have to make a new account just for that.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Fisery said:

I created my account back in 2017, was being truthful to my real age, and now my account is stuff as a teen account when I'm 21. I was 17 when I made the account and now it's been 4 years but I have no access to any mature or adult content on second life. I would like to be able to change this so that I can go to land that has body meshes and clothing and whatnot so that I can update my avatar but I have no option to change from "general" to any other rating.

Is my account stuck as a "teen" account forever? Do I have to change something in my setting to show that I'm no longer a teen? It's starting to get really annoying and I'm about to just sign off and not sign in again, especially if I have to make a new account just for that.

You'll have to put in a Support ticket -- and possibly provide LL with some sort of identity to prove your age.  The system doesn't age you out of teen status automatically.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Your account doesn't change automatically.  AFAIK, the Lab does not keep a record of your birthday in any sort of tickler file.  You need to submit a support case and request that change. LL may request a photocopy of some document to verify your age, but I'd wait for them to ask.

On 9/25/2021 at 12:59 AM, Fisery said:

Greetings !!
Were you able to solve your problem?
I am going through the same situation and I would like to know if you were able to get the change of preferences fixed on your account.

If so, could you give me a hand and tell me how you solved it?

28 minutes ago, Zefrit said:

If so, could you give me a hand and tell me how you solved it?

@Zefrit, go to the Help menu on your Dashboard page. Select Support > Contact Support > Submit a Support Ticket.   Under Issue Type, select Account Issue, and Change Account Details. Then briefly explain the problem and submit your support ticket.  LL may request that you provide them a proof of age, such as a scan of your drivers license.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Zefrit, vaya al menú Ayuda en la página de su Panel de control. Seleccione Soporte> Comuníquese con el soporte> Enviar un ticket de soporte. En Tipo de problema, seleccione Problema de cuenta y Cambiar detalles de cuenta. Luego, explique brevemente el problema y envíe su ticket de soporte. LL puede solicitar que les proporcione un comprobante de edad, como un escaneo de su licencia de conducir.

I tried, but can't find the option "Change Acocount Details".
I only have the options:

https://gyazo.com/ea6e122ee1ce34ef4f6bc9789ee2c0d2

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.