Voice unactive

samanthaxxlove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I have a problem with my voice in SL from couple of days ago. I could hear everyone without a problem but then one day the voice button just became grey and I cannot fix it. I am unable to hear people talking and I don't have that dot above my head. I can't even turn my mic of the button to speak. I tried refreshing in the preferences all the voice options and restarted, but still not working. Tried to unable and disable the voice button as well... Can someone help me to fix it? 

Thank you in advance! x

6 answers to this question

Check your Windows sound settings to make sure the speaker and mic, or headset that you want to use is activated as the default input and output. Check by making sure they are working when using other applications, such as Skype. I've had video driver updates switch my default speakers without telling me.

Check Services to see if there is one instance of slvoice.exe running. If there are multiple instances, disable all but one.

Log in, and open your Voice preferences. Go through the setup steps and make sure the devices you are using in Windows are the devices enabled here. If it's working, you should see a green bar moving in response to your speaking into your microphone.

На самом деле уже несколько дней, какая то ерунда с голосом, при чем не только в общем чате, но и в личном. То меня не слышат, то не слышу я. А вот музыка и медиа вполне себе отлично работают. Проблема именно с голосовыми звонками. Хоть бы сказали, что использовались технические работы (возможно) и мы бы успокоились)). Пару дней назад, была проблема телепорта из внешнего (по ссылкам), сегодня все в порядке. Так что Саманта не вы одна мучайтесь. Увы ...

Edited by ponnka76
  • Like 1

Translation by Google:

In fact, for several days now, some kind of nonsense with the voice, and not only in the general chat, but also in the personal one. Sometimes they don’t hear me, sometimes I don’t hear. Music and media, on the other hand, work just fine. The problem is with voice calls. If only they said that technical work was used (possibly) and we would calm down)). A couple of days ago, there was a problem of teleporting from an external (by links), today everything is in order. So Samantha, you are not the only one to suffer. Alas

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.