Ive changed my password and its still telling me login failed ?

MidnightCurve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello good morning , I've been trying since last night to get back into my account so I can make the changes to my avata. Now i've changed my password but it will still not let me in saying it might be wrong or the cap button must be off. I'm trying to figure out what do I do next I don't want to start another account ? 

2 answers to this question

If you can't log in, there may be several reasons.

1. You are simply typing the wrong password. Having your CAPS LOCK on is a frequent cause of this, which is why the system gives you that reminder. Type what you think is the password VERY CAREFULLY. If that doesn't work, then try your previous password. Maybe the change you made didn't go through.

2. If you can log in to this website to post, then your browser knows your password. Check the password stored in your web browser and try using that to log in world.

3. If you still can't log in, it's still probably a simple goof on your part, but it could also be a security issue. You might have been given a link to a phishing website, entered your login info, and exposed your account to a scammer. If you think this might have happened, see this link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

And call the Fraud hotline: 800-860-6990

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.