how do i remove the Ruthhairfix shape?

Dazzlerrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do i remove the Ruthhair fix? it keeps loading on it own and overriding my normal shape.

11 answers to this question

Hello Dazzlerrr. Is it a shape you purchased or got? If yes, wear another one shape. In your inventory you have several. If you can't, try to move in a another region with less lag and try again (like Smith or Lime) or relog and try again.

Something else you can do is to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R and wait 2-3 mins. If it doesnt work, test your avatar.

In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

If you want to add further details or maybe a pic of you you can edit your post (Options --> Edit)

Good luck.

I had this problem once before.  The only way I was able to fix it was to log in with another viewer ( I use Phoenix and so logged in with Kirstens).  Once I logged in with the new viewer I was able to change and delete the hair fix thing.  When I logged back in with my preferred viewer all was fine

• Like 2

I TOO AM ON Phoenix I HATE THIS FOLDER W/A PATION!!!!

RuthHairFix FOLDER

New Tattoo

New Alpha

New Gloves

New Jacket

New Socks

New Shoes

New Pants

New Shirt

New Eyes

New Skin

RuthHairFix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I TOO HAVE DONE EVERY THING GRGRGRGRGR

& ALL I GET IS THIS RETARTED FOLDER GRGRGR

ANY TIME I TRY & DO A DIFFERNT SHAPE & OUT FIT

I GET THIS RETARTED REPLY:

[16:05] Can't change appearance until clothing and shape are loaded.

FRANKLY I GET TIRED OF IT!!

I FALE to understand y do we have to go back to "NEWBIE"STATE AKA Ruthhairfix

SOME OF US JUST CAT GET OUT OF IT NO MATTER WHAT VIEWER we r on

cant we smilply just leave well nought alone & let us get back our reg crap back

insted of this retarted "RuthHairFix"!!!!!

WTF is the meaning of the "RuthHairFix"

do we have to have a "RuthHairFix"?? cant u as

Linden Labs just let us have our crap back & not

this stupid "RuthHairFix" FYI w/ this "RuthHairFix"

we cant fit into our clothes that we have bought

throught out the yrs we have been here..............

Well if you're also wearing it when you first log in, its more simple than just using another viewer. Just go to Advance up at the top, Character > Character Tests > Male Test/Female Test.......then add back all your normal things, such as hair, clothing, shape, skin, AO, etc......then search your inventory for RUTHHAIRFIX and delete it, and PURGE IT! This helped me and I don't get that file anymore when I log in. Its a bug file given secretly through freebie items. Just delete it after you change into your other normal things and you'll be fine WITHOUT needing to log into another viewer.

I use Firestorm so I logged into Viewer2 got a NEW  LL avatar modified this new avatar with my old stuff that wasn't loading and it worked.  I am very new here so that might be a lot of steps you guys know how to get around but it worked for me.

Good Luck 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.