PC Specs - 32 gb RAM ?

High core speed and something around a decent 10-series Nvidia or 5700XT-ish AMD. SL does like its CPU cycles, though some things like particle effects will still lean heavily on GPU resources. You don't need to go stupid with RTX cards though.

Remember that it's a platform that depends mostly on user-generated content. You're going to experience low frame rates if you try to render everything from here to Jupiter at ultra graphics detail, no matter what rig you have.

And yes, 16GB is sufficient, but 32GB is definitely a nice-to-have. More is a bit overkill unless you're doing content creation or running a whole lot of demanding stuff at once.

I have 32 g on the newer rig I built - I don't think I ever seen it use more than 15 gig but it is nice to have the headroom. But when Im in firestorm recording video with OBS I can easily get up to 12-14 gig of ram. 

Beyond the amount of ram make sure you buy fast ram. If the choice is between 32 gig slow ram and 16 gig fast ram Id go for the fast ram - you can always add another 16 later on. I don't remember exactly now but i think i have like 3400mhz ram speed on the 32 gigs

32 GB are the new 16 GB and considering that RAM is currently one of the rather cheap components to get, that's a no brainer.

Then again, I'd probably choose 16 GB RAM with fast 3200 or 3600 MHz instead of 32 GB RAM with merely 2133 MHz... well, I'd actually go for the 32 GB 3200 right away, but only speaking for myself.

And supposing we're talking about a CPU supporting or profitizing from those high speeds...

I would compare the prospective purchase's specification to this chart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency then buy the one that gave me the shortest time in ns (nanoseconds) to First Word.   MT/s, which you are reading as a frequency in MHz, isn't the only factor and one cannot depend on "pipelining" to always make up for CAS latency.

I could also be wrong.