Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-09-20

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

We'll be rolling last week's RC roll, version 563375 to all remaining channels and simhosts this week.

Second Life RC

No new roll for RC this week, but keep your eyes on the Server Technology forum for some news about upcoming releases!

Region Restarts

After Grid Poking Bot nearly gained sentience earlier today our engineers will be handling region restarts manually until we've had a chance to check the bot's code and make sure it's set to "friendly helper" 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hey uh, Mazidox? Normally I'd let it slide but uh .... that release notes page is still throwing the following

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>3DJ6YJZ8ZBPTXPXX</RequestId>
<HostId>93WuAljXrBXGn60A+kckOaNgV9Qu/xr1n2yt7OfKhwqCKlu2IJVblplJ5wfg++kUga4x54/2LBw=</HostId>
</Error>

• Lindens
7 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Hey uh, Mazidox? Normally I'd let it slide but uh .... that release notes page is still throwing the following

That's odd, it's working fine for me on both my work machine and personal machine. You might want to try a force refresh in case it's being cached on your end. If that doesn't work, please do let me know.

6 hours ago, arabellajones said:

The status message for this rollout gives a time of 03:00 PDT

I am sure I saw something, somewhere, about the default time being changed to 06:00 PDT

Whatever the timing, it feels careless that it doesn't get mentioned here.

Are you short of COâ‚‚

COâ‚‚ levels are good, but we may need to adjust the template we use for SLS rolls. I'll check with the folks on the blog-side, thanks!

28 minutes ago, Mazidox Linden said:

That's odd, it's working fine for me on both my work machine and personal machine. You might want to try a force refresh in case it's being cached on your end. If that doesn't work, please do let me know.

Force refresh worked - though needing to do that is so rare, didn't even cross my mind. Was not expecting the errored page to be so sticky in cache.

17 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

COâ‚‚ levels are good, but we may need to adjust the template we use for SLS rolls. I'll check with the folks on the blog-side, thanks!

You announced the permanent change of the roll-out/restart window back in August.

Announcement of Permanent Change

The ability of Linden Lab to run a drunken party in an alcohol production facility is being repeatedly called into doubt.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:08 PM, Mazidox Linden said:

Second Life Server

We'll be rolling last week's RC roll, version 563375 to all remaining channels and simhosts this week.

Second Life RC

No new roll for RC this week, but keep your eyes on the Server Technology forum for some news about upcoming releases!

Region Restarts

After Grid Poking Bot nearly gained sentience earlier today our engineers will be handling region restarts manually until we've had a chance to check the bot's code and make sure it's set to "friendly helper" 🙂

What's with all the regions restarting ATM?

OK, not "all", but I indirectly monitor thousands of regions and I'm seeing dozens restarting ATM, plus many of them are "stuck" showing "starting" via dataserver events.

OK, got word it is "minor grid maintenance" and won't result in an incident report...

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.