What the bot?

Dulce Omizu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay !!Hello ALL!! Great to be able to post this .I have noticed a name that has given me a mixed sense of sensations for the last year or so. Brenden. The reason being is because that name and a whole lit of other Brenden's have made my sl rather uncomfortable . I have filed tickets sent A.R's Screenshots  lists of names and to this day I am still being followed Sim to Sim by  bots. A few name changes here and there sometimes a new avatar bot will show up. The funniest one is  botty something or another  but yeah it to me feels invasive. I get dropped in on when I'm busy or not busy where I'm visiting or who I'm visiting where I am shopping or not shopping what sims I visit or don't .i get they have surveyor's and such but sheesh everywhere I go?

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Dulce Omizu said:

You are correct that is a sure fire way for me not to be followed . I don't mind the clothing inspection I have friends that are creators and i wear there things intentionally to support small owners on here. What I am saying is it feel uncomfortable Rowan.... Amore.. Nothing more This statement I put in the abuse section for help on what I can do for my situation and if you do not care to assist since you have not agreed with what I am saying and disregarded  this thread .Please don't feel pressured to respond .I assure you I will not feel upset if you don't . These are my feelings alone and you need not agree with how I feel . The question was are these bots and what are they doing if they aren't surveying ?I don't know if your intentions are to play devils advocate or sweep it under the rug or just try to make me seem as if I'm making a fuss out of nothing. To many times in my life I been told my worry was for nothing and it turned out to be something. I am sure you have many other things to do then to continue to remark on my post.  Maybe you haven't experienced this . But it is not pleasant to have all these Brenden's and heaven and Nathalie and other bots just come stare at me  through out the day.. 

I simply denied access for avatars without payment info on my homestead. It was very annoying to see up to 10/15 bots a day checking my region. I think the bots should at least have info on them to tell whát they are doing.

• Like 3

When my friend had a homestead - 5 -6 years ago now for maybe 4 - 5 years, bots named Brenden would visit daily.

I don't think they are targetting you in particular, they just travel around a lot and there are literally hoards of Brendens.

It's just coincidence they are there at the same time as you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Why are people so hung up om bots? 99% of the are harmless. 

If they were continually rezzing in my home, it would get annoying if nothing else.  I think all survey bots should be required to have the owners name in their profile.  That way, you could send them a note to ask them to stop it from rezzing in your home.  I understand the concept of grid survey bots but it seems they should be required to rez on the furthest corner, out of the way.  If that's even possible?  No idea.  

• Like 2

Well in world I went and found the hud they was speaking of and it led me down a rabbits hole to a irc.com on a place called free node. And of course on particular profile I found a professional bot maker. OK, you say it is harmless but I feel personally if someone is  monitoring where I am who my avi is what they are doing what they are wearing etc I should know to what degree they are investigating and that port that the person spoke of in that link above.. where they open it to your IP each time they land in your vicinity .That bothers me A lot.

1 hour ago, Dulce Omizu said:

Well in world I went and found the hud they was speaking of and it led me down a rabbits hole to a irc.com on a place called free node. And of course on particular profile I found a professional bot maker. OK, you say it is harmless but I feel personally if someone is  monitoring where I am who my avi is what they are doing what they are wearing etc I should know to what degree they are investigating and that port that the person spoke of in that link above.. where they open it to your IP each time they land in your vicinity .That bothers me A lot.

I can detect what you're wearing as anyone can by right clicking and inspecting anything you are wearing..  The rest is tin foil hat territory.  Best to delete your account ASAP.  No one can monitor where you go.

You are correct that is a sure fire way for me not to be followed . I don't mind the clothing inspection I have friends that are creators and i wear there things intentionally to support small owners on here. What I am saying is it feel uncomfortable Rowan.... Amore.. Nothing more This statement I put in the abuse section for help on what I can do for my situation and if you do not care to assist since you have not agreed with what I am saying and disregarded  this thread .Please don't feel pressured to respond .I assure you I will not feel upset if you don't . These are my feelings alone and you need not agree with how I feel . The question was are these bots and what are they doing if they aren't surveying ?I don't know if your intentions are to play devils advocate or sweep it under the rug or just try to make me seem as if I'm making a fuss out of nothing. To many times in my life I been told my worry was for nothing and it turned out to be something. I am sure you have many other things to do then to continue to remark on my post.  Maybe you haven't experienced this . But it is not pleasant to have all these Brenden's and heaven and Nathalie and other bots just come stare at me  through out the day.. 

40 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I simply denied access for avatars without payment info on my homestead. It was very annoying to see up to 10/15 bots a day checking my region. I think the bots should at least have info on them to tell whát they are doing.

That is exactly what I did, limited access for a couple months.  They didn't seem to return afterward or at least not as frequently.  It was annoying to have them all day long but never did I feel threatened in any way or suspicious.  I'd already read about what they are and what they do.  I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that I was being stalked or spied on.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.