Once again, it is perfectly ok to play a child avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, davidventer said:

No, I said “I’m not a child”. I mean, I don’t even look like one, not even in the slightest. But they were towering over me at like I dunno… max leg, torso and body height I guess, by the looks of it. They said child av’s are not allowed on adult sims per LL rules (which I also assumed as true at the time) and that I should make myself bigger if I want to be there. I said no, I’m not changing, I’m not a child. So they kicked and banned me.

That's just stupidity on the part of the people who own that place. It may be that they don't understand the TOS. They may have had threats from other guests that they would AR the place/owner, and even if the owner doesn't think you look like a child, he may be terrified that someone else will.

My avatar is about the same height as yours (though for different reasons; I'm rather short in RL and so I make my avatar about the same proportion in comparison with the average). But I'm stocky and muscular, I usually have a beard or at the very least a few days worth of stubble, there's nothing about my appearance that suggests I'm a child. I haven't ever been asked to leave anywhere because of my height.

An avatar which is slim and clean-shaven as well as being short is likely to have an entirely different experience.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Yeah well that reminds me of people who say that couples should also have the same skin color, gender, language, religion etc... and how do we call such people?

I 've dated shorter and also taller women IRL, height doesn't mean anything unless you are a basketball player.

AP_2021192738-scaled.jpg

She's taller than his bellybutton.  My dad was 6'2" and mom is 5'3".  A foot shorter is not the same as 1/2 the height but I get what you're trying to say.  It's just not exactly how it was in SL.  The guys were literally almost twice as tall as most of the women.  Not all but a good portion.  

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

She's taller than his bellybutton.  My dad was 6'2" and mom is 5'3".  A foot shorter is not the same as 1/2 the height but I get what you're trying to say.  It's just not exactly how it was in SL. 

Yeah i posted that cause Jason is a well known actor. There are plenty other couples.

main-qimg-99f50b7237c62ea1a4d0c23a215c08

7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Maitreya doesn't make a child avatar.

No, but have you ever seen users wearing Maitreya Lara with chest add-on, children's clothing and a short and undeveloped body shape?

Sadly, I have several times.

Fitted bodies have a wide range of use.

I was shocked the first time, but it has become all-too common in recent years.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

No, but have you ever seen users wearing Maitreya Lara with chest add-on, children's clothing and a short and undeveloped body shape?

.. i thought child avatars only used Toddleedoo and such.

S2ES.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I usually have a beard or at the very least a few days worth of stubble, there's nothing about my appearance that suggests I'm a child. I haven't ever been asked to leave anywhere because of my height.

An avatar which is slim and clean-shaven as well as being short is likely to have an entirely different experience.

Yeah, but that’s the thing; I’m not clean-shaven either. I have a mesh beard (goatee), hairy arms, mesh armpit hair, when nude there’s a six pack with a “happy trail,” hairy legs, thick bushy mesh pubes, thick P (sorry for the TMI, but just putting that out there lol, and, I was clothed at the time of the kick/ban) - absolutely NOT a “child”. It’s baffling that they disregarded all that and labeled me a child just because they were giants compared to me. And again, even if I were clean shaven, or a “child” - I would be allowed there, according to TOS. 🙈Venue owner Stupidity 💯 

EDIT: Some backstory to the situation, that makes it even more bizarre. I’m a live-mix electronic DJ and producer. When I do a livestream, I post notices in multiple music and party groups, along with the SLURL to where I’m DJ’ing and a link to my website’s “Listen Live” page for those who can’t make it to the venue to listen in via their web browser. The place that I was kicked/banned from for being “short” / mistaken as a child, actually Invited me. They heard my set via my notice / Listen Live page, and invited me to go check out their venue if I maybe wanted to DJ there. But when I arrived, the compliments related to my mixing and music style quickly turned to demands to change my appearance and discriminatory remarks, mention of SL TOS and with the kick/ban at my refusal to change my appearance.

Like… WTF lol. 

Edited by davidventer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.