Once again, it is perfectly ok to play a child avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I too have a short avatar by SL standards -- about 180 cms -- but definitely don't look like a child. I've never been banned from anywhere on the basis of my avi, but then I don't go to places that are specifically about sex.

What is rather amusing about this entire conversation, though, is the idea that those engaging in age pl*y in SL don't know how to skirt the rules. There are plenty of sims and groups that are pretty much devoted to daddy-babygirl incest play. They don't even hide it: all they do is *insist* that everyone represent as 18+.

Which, apparently, you can do, even while wearing a "sexy schoolgirl" outfit, sucking on a lollipop, and wearing a "Daddy's Little Sl*t" tee.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I too have a short avatar by SL standards -- about 180 cms -- but definitely don't look like a child. I've never been banned from anywhere on the basis of my avi, but then I don't go to places that are specifically about sex.

What is rather amusing about this entire conversation, though, is the idea that those engaging in age pl*y in SL don't know how to skirt the rules. There are plenty of sims and groups that are pretty much devoted to daddy-babygirl incest play. They don't even hide it: all they do is *insist* that everyone represent as 18+.

Which, apparently, you can do, even while wearing a "sexy schoolgirl" outfit, sucking on a lollipop, and wearing a "Daddy's Little Sl*t" tee.

Don't forget the snot bubble, backpack and childlike proportions of the face.  "But my avatar has boobs!". Yeah?  So did I at 14 and I was almost my current height of 5'9".   If your face looks 14 and you're sporting the items mentioned, you're considered a child (any age under 18 not just little kids) by many people, regardless of height.

My avatar is also smaller and not once has anyone ever mistaken me for an adolescent.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Don't forget the snot bubble, backpack and childlike proportions of the face.  "But my avatar has boobs!". Yeah?  So did I at 14 and I was almost my current height of 5'9".   If your face looks 14 and you're sporting the items mentioned, you're considered a child (any age under 18 not just little kids) by many people, regardless of height.

My avatar is also smaller and not once has anyone ever mistaken me for an adolescent.  

All of this.

I guess my point is that most of this discussion is pretty irrelevantly academic, and really doesn't have much bearing on how this stuff is actually playing out on the ground.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nor for me. It is in fact my RL height, and I'm not considered short. But most men and some women in SL tower over me.

Yeah, my av is 191 cm as that is my RL height. I am usually the shortest person in places. And people wonder why a "small cabin" is 30m by 20m, thats 100 feet by 65 feet! Furniture is insanely oversized. People really should make their avs a more RL scale as it would allow people to use more of their land. 

• Like 2

Per the Edit Shape window, Lil is 1.81 meters tall, which translates to 5.95 feet.  That is taller than my RL size of roughly 5.58 feet - and I am considered average height in RL -- yet most people in SL tower over me like giants.

Size does not necessarily dictate 'child' or not.  Facial features, overall appearance, how you act in SL, what your profile says, etc... are all more accurate indicators.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Simple state non adults are not welcome because they hate them, not trying to make it LL to blame.

Exactly. Big difference between “Not allowed due to TOS” and “Not welcome because I don’t like you.” - Stop using LL as a scapegoat for your own ignorance and prejudice. 

Edited by davidventer

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

what your profile says

The ones who look the youngest always seem to have to state in their profile... Avatar is always 18+ because they know that don't look 18+.

Have never felt the need to state that in my profile because I know I look like an adult.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The ones who look the youngest always seem to have to state in their profile... Avatar is always 18+ because they know that don't look 18+.

Often those are the ones pushing the boundaries, looking at young as possible to appeal to those that like their partner young, while claiming they are 18+ so they don't get in trouble for their adult activities.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, davidventer said:

Exactly. Big difference between “Not allowed due to TOS” and “Not welcome because I don’t like you.” - Stop using LL as a scapegoat for your own ignorance and prejudice. 

Thats just it, depending on the furniture and or items in the area, a child av is NOT allowed in every sim per the TOS. 

"Yes, child avatars (having been verified as being operated by adults in real life) are allowed in adult regions, but the existing rules prohibiting sexual ***** or proximity to sexual content still apply. Since Adult regions by design will often contain sexual content, child avatars should use caution in visiting those areas."

An Adult sim that is littered with sex furniture and or adult images is somewhere a child av can not go per the TOS. 

You say you were banned from a place for having a "child av" but were an adult and had facial hair. If you retort to them was, "Child avs can go on any land" then yes, i would boot you as well as your response should have been, "I am an adult av."

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have never felt the need to state that in my profile because I know I look like an adult.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Often those are the ones pushing the boundaries, looking at young as possible to appeal to those that like their partner young, while claiming they are 18+ so they don't get in trouble for their adult activities.

I was having ID checked for 18+ proof into my 30's. No need for me to push boundaries to appear as a teen, it happens naturally from my shopping selections and in fact feel uncomfortable with heads from Catwa for example as I feel old with them. Why should I have to appear for what you people think qualifies as an adult when it doesn't feel right. I owe it to myself to appear as the reflection of the person I see in my mirror, not yours.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I was having ID checked for 18+ proof into my 30's. No need for me to push boundaries to appear as a teen, it happens naturally from my shopping selections and in fact feel uncomfortable with heads from Catwa for example as I feel old with them. Why should I have to appear for what you people think qualifies as an adult when it doesn't feel right. I owe it to myself to appear as the reflection of the person I see in my mirror, not yours.

If you notice, my comment was "often those are the ones pushing the boundaries".  That is not to say that everyone that looks young is intentionally pushing boundaries for nefarious reasons.

There's a big difference in looking young and intentionally looking like a true teenager in order to appeal to men that prefer teens.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You seem to have rather missed the point. Both Rowan and Lil were, in different ways, making the point that how you look is not a good indication of how old you actually or (in SL) putatively are. You can look fully developed and adult,  and yet both actually be, and role play, someone under age. And the reverse is equally true.

I don't think anyone here cares much how young you look. But a sim owner or manager might. And LL does, at least according to the ToS. 

As for me, I only care if you are RPing someone too young for adult activities. And I assume you are not.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're free to look however you'd like.  I see plenty of women who use petite avatars that look like adult women.  If you're a petite female avatar, whether you have large or small breasts, yet wear any of the items I described earlier in the thread and stand around in a sex area with the tag ' Barely Legal' or 'Teen Babysitter' then I have a problem with that.  THOSE are the ones that almost always state in their profile...always 18+.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you notice, my comment was "often those are the ones pushing the boundaries".  That is not to say that everyone that looks young is intentionally pushing boundaries for nefarious reasons.

There's a big difference in looking young and intentionally looking like a true teenager in order to appeal to men that prefer teens.

And you have done a poll to verify which is which and how frequently those hazy boundaries are being pushed? At the end of the day, the ones just looking young are going to be as attractive to those men that prefer teens as much as the ones trying to look like a true teenager. They are not going to be able to tell the difference between the two as I suspect you cannot either unless we are talking of those who are tweens or less.

It's judgements in murky territory.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're free to look however you'd like.  I see plenty of women who use petite avatars that look like adult women.  If you're a petite female avatar, whether you have large or small breasts, yet wear any of the items I described earlier in the thread and stand around in a sex area with the tag ' Barely Legal' or 'Teen Babysitter' then I have a problem with that.  THOSE are the ones that almost always state in their profile...always 18+.

I have seen a fair few profiles that say 18+ and have considered putting it on my own as it gets to be a pain having to go through 20 questions as to whether I am old enough. The barely legal or teen babysitter I can't recall having seen specifically but then even so, neither state that they are underage and would be within the ToS. Are there regulations for what roleplays are legal between consenting adults?

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Are there regulations for what roleplays are legal between consenting adults?

Yes -- One major one:  No participant in sexual activities (or even being near sexual activities) is allowed by anyone role playing a child in SL -- despite the fact that said participant is a consenting adult in RL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And you have done a poll to verify which is which and how frequently those hazy boundaries are being pushed? At the end of the day, the ones just looking young are going to be as attractive to those men that prefer teens as much as the ones trying to look like a true teenager. They are not going to be able to tell the difference between the two as I suspect you cannot either unless we are talking of those who are tweens or less.

It's judgements in murky territory.

Honestly, it all sounds like ways of justifying murky behavior.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.