Once again, it is perfectly ok to play a child avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

1) Yes, all the time. It's fun being carefee and innocent and enjoying the simple things of life. It's nice having something else worry about all the important stuff. 

2) I'm always in character. I come to SL to get a vacation from the stress of RL and adult responsibilities. 

3) I roleplay on a Star Trek sim with my friends and family. I also enjoy going to school, shopping, making clothes for my store, fishing, photography and meeting up with friends (other kids). 

4) No, when I'm in the RL I'm an adult, when I log in to SL I get into the head space, kind of how a method actor might. 

5) Most of the time I'm not unattended and when I'm not I'm in PG / kid friendly places where it wouldn't be unusual to see a 9 year old by themselves. 

As for why I play a child avi, well that's pretty personal. Let's just say I had a pretty traumatic RL childhood so it's a way of making up for that. My SL mommy and daddy are lovely! 🥰

I like a saying from years ago...."It's never too late to have a happy childhood"!

• Like 3

On 9/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

I'm getting annoyed that every time I seem to be in a public place, like the Blake Sea, some troll starts harrassing people ... simply because we use child avatars.

Be wary of those who discriminate because of the intrinsic qualities of who you are within. Not only is it okay to play as a child, but it's okay to be a child. That just means you don't require any healing. Those who are wounded within are tempted to envy and resent the well and project their hurt upon others rather than face themselves.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I don't remember the last time I came across a child avi, or a furry.  Very occasionally I see a way out odd avi, but 99%+ of who I see in world are "normal" human avis.

For both at this point it is going to be down to where you spend most of your time.

With incredibly few exceptions these days, I remain a Fur/Anthro type and tend to stick around places that cater more specifically to such. I do still need to see about getting my Sidhe/Elf and Hybrid forms updated to use the more Andro look I have for my Anthros these days.

It'd be oh so much easier to do if there were a proper option I could use ... As it is, I have to carefully position certain things so as to make it clear that what one is seeing - when nude anyway - is not confused for the Herm types one can often find around SL Adult regions (in my case, supposed to be a guy with a fem chest).

As long as you stay in G or M sims that are child avatar friendly it shouldn't be a problem in any case if a sim has rude people in it just file an AR and block them. 

BTW Adult rated sims have rules against child avatars being in adult sims that is how LL TOS works in this case probably best to find a sim you enjoy with others in G or M sims.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

BTW Adult rated sims have rules against child avatars being in adult sims that is how LL TOS works in this case probably best to find a sim you enjoy with others in G or M sims.

No, not all adult regions have rules against child avatars.  There is nothing in the ToS that says they aren't allowed.  It is up to the individual region owner as to whether they are allowed. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Child_Avatar#:~:text=Child avatars are allowed within Second Life. 1,any other avatar is%2C with the following exceptions%3A

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, Doris Johnsky said:

I firmly believe many people still have prejudices.  I don't believe we have SYSTEMIC racism.   We wouldn't had a Black POTUS for 8 years if we did.  Not to mention all the other high ranking Cabinet members and members of the Legislature. Some of whom are from the deep south. 

Folks don’t have to believe in the existence of something for it to be true.  I’d reckon folks that doesn’t fall into a particular demographic who experience that particular circumstance could have difficulty being able to recognize it to acknowledge it- since it has no consequential affect on their life.  
case in point- the attention brought to the lack of coverage in the media & investigations in general for missing indigenous & black women that have never receive media coverage the likes we’re  seeing for Gabby Petito in the past week.  
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lack-awareness-data-hinders-cases-missing-murdered-native-american-women-n1235233

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I firmly believe many people still have prejudices.  I don't believe we have SYSTEMIC racism.   We wouldn't had a Black POTUS for 8 years if we did.  Not to mention all the other high ranking Cabinet members and members of the Legislature. Some of whom are from the deep south. 

https://www.apa.org/pubs/books/The-Myth-of-Racial-Color-Blindness-Intro-Sample.pdf 

this is just the introduction to a book published by the APA (tho it’s a 19 page long introduction) exploring & countering similar beliefs you’ve stated.  I’m putting it here in case you would care to skim thru.  

• Like 1

Systemic racism (also called structural racism or institutional racism) can be defined as "systems and structures that have procedures or processes that disadvantages African Americans".
For example, we've studied the judicial system and discovered Blacks are given longer prison sentences than Whites for the same crime.
Other experiments demonstrate that Blacks are more often determined to be criminal (less reliable, more likely to be a thief, lazy, and more) compared to Whites, and this effects outcomes for them in all of our institutions, from the criminal justice system to workplace advancement.

The fact that some Black people can ascend to high positions of authority doesn't negate the above truths. A few Blacks, for example, might be lucky and receive sentencing from a judge who is not biased.
Or a Black person can be so remarkable (such as Obama) that they can more easily break through barriers.

You'd probably have to see all these studies to evaluate and believe -- I trust the studies I've seen as they follow all the rules for what constitutes a competent study (repeated by other researchers, large sample sizes, measures taken to reduce bias, and more). 

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Nothing like a childlike avatar to make some adults become very childish.

Well it could, but it could also bring out some of those long-forgotten characteristics children have that are very positive and desirable.  Like wonder & curiosity, playfulness, the ability to live in the moment....and more. 

30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well it could, but it could also bring out some of those long-forgotten characteristics children have that are very positive and desirable.  Like wonder & curiosity, playfulness, the ability to live in the moment....and more. 

Sorry, I was meaning some adults about those wearing childlike avatars.

I agree that it is perfectly ok to be a child avatar.  I have nothing against child avs.  I made one for myself way back when just to see what it would be like.  I got bored with it pretty quickly.  I met a person who wanted to RP as my mother but it felt really strange to me so I declined to continue.  It wasn't any thing bad, just not something I wanted.  I know that pedophilia exists but I didn't encounter it and I think the majority of people who want to be a child in SL are not the same people as the ones who use SL for sex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Just for clarification, how many of you bitching at me even live in the US?   How many who do, live in the south?

I spent more than half my life trying to get out of the south and stay away. This last time... so far so good. It's been 15 years.

Then again, I don't think I've bitched at you in this thread. I might think you are wrong but I do get where you are coming from. Nothing more I can say.

• Like 2

I am around many child avatars being a member of the beYou community.  For the most part the child avatars stay in RP character and don't voice or come out of their RP character. I can't say that I've run into any Pedophiliac behavior EVER.   beYou is very strict when it comes to child avatars. Their group chat and discord is PG and they don't tolerate any BS. If they show up at the community sim they are treated like children and interacted with like children.  I don't see a problem with it. I see it only as a RP opportunity just like a vampire or a Dog or Cat avatar or any other type of avatar that isn't strictly an adult human.  I have an alt account that is a child but when I take that alt out I am the one controlling the avatar and interacting with my main avatar.  It can be a fun RP opportunity and that is all I see it as.  As long as they stay in character I find it can be a lighthearted and fun type of RP.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I read that there was a certain magic mushroom that resets the brain and brings back all of those characteristics in an adult. 

Bree Giffen does not condone the use of recreational drugs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:
20 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I read that there was a certain magic mushroom that resets the brain and brings back all of those characteristics in an adult. 

Bree Giffen does not condone the use of recreational drugs.

lol Bree...

Reminds me of a series I just finished where this eccentric guide (Nicole Kidman) takes a group of people back to childhood or helps them resolve issues from adulthood that keeps them from feeling alive....via microdosing.  Worth getting Hulu to see it.

Edited by Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.