Having problems loging in for the first time

Loleana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems logging in the first time you try it.

It could be just a temporary issue somewhere, so try giving it a while and try again. If that does not change things, you could try to check the open ports in your firewall (or simply disable it for a while just to check if it has anything to do with the problem).

(If you like to add any information to your question, you have to go to the options menu in the top right corner of your post and select edit.)

- Luc -

Switch to advanced mode on the login screen and then restart the viewer. You should now have a Me menu in the top  left corner.

Go to Me > Preferences and check the box next to "show on login", click OK and close preferences.

You should now have a dropdown menu next to where you put your username and password, that allows you to choose your start location. Type in Smith & try to login.

Hello Loleana. Usually this message is related to an invalid character in your group tag. Checking your profile i saw that you joined in SL today so we reject that possibility.

At first try to log in a different region like protected lands arround like Smith, Lime or Aqua. If you can't choose it, from your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Select "Show on login" --> OK --> close the log in screen and open it again --> down in your screen where it says "Start at" --> click the down arrow --> <Type region name> --> and write on of the names i reported and try to log in.

Another solution is to clear your DNS cache manually. If you run Windows, Start --> Run --> type cmd --> Enter --> a window opens --> type ipconfig /flushdns  --> Enter --> Restart your computer and try to log in again.

The last solution is to power down your router / modem for at least 2-3 mins and restart your computer. After power on your router  and try to log in.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.