Can I change account age (how old my account is from join date)?

Trina Villota

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello :) I was wondering if I can change or alter my second life account age (not my actual age as a person)? I joined Second Life as a young teenager around when it first started getting mainstream press, but then didn't really use the account until later. My account is 10 years old now so people in world assume I'm much older than I actually am in real life (I'm in my 20s). I'd like to change the name or make it private. Is that possible? 

2 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Trina Villota said:

Hello :) I was wondering if I can change or alter my second life account age (not my actual age as a person)? I joined Second Life as a young teenager around when it first started getting mainstream press, but then didn't really use the account until later. My account is 10 years old now so people in world assume I'm much older than I actually am in real life (I'm in my 20s). I'd like to change the name or make it private. Is that possible? 

No

ETA  Since you joined when the teen grid was open, perhaps adding a note on your profile saying so would quiet all the people who question your RL age.  Not that it's really anyone's business but yours.  I have something in mine about being here since 2009 although the avatar I currently use is from 2012.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No

ETA  Since you joined when the teen grid was open, perhaps adding a note on your profile saying so would quiet all the people who question your RL age.  Not that it's really anyone's business but yours.  I have something in mine about being here since 2009 although the avatar I currently use is from 2012.  

Thanks Rowan. Yeah, it's kind of frustrating. I wish we could transfer inventories between avatars. That would solve it lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.