Jump to content

Flickr Free Account Second Life Bloggers - We r not Welcome there!


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

 

these service providers are mainly rewarded by advertizing revenues, not the direct payments of the elite, anyway.

Who is elite? Me?  Because I pay a few pounds every three months to Flickr so I can get more space for my photos, and not see ads?  I'm not answering your claim about revolution because someone has already answered that nonsense very well.   I'll say this though: I had a boyfriend who called himself a Marxist, and boasted of wanting to go out with a rich woman so he could do horrible things to her and leave her.  In my face, he said this.  He had so much resentment and envy in him about richer and more powerful people, I'm surprised he didn't explode.  Statements like that of yours remind me of him.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

We are beginning to see why monopoly power is evil.  Facebook, Google, and now it seems Flickr - social platforms with de facto monopolies

   They're not 'de facto monopolies', there are alternatives for all three platforms you just mentioned.

   It's not the 'evil overlords' that need to be thrown down with bloody revolution, it's the cattle that 'suffer' from their 'evils' that need to waddle on over to the greener pastures that's a few mouse clicks away. 

   That Flickr offer a free service at all is generous, they don't have to do so at all. That they reserve certain privileges for those who pay for the service so that they can in turn pay for the storage, staff, and everything else that goes on to keep the site up and running is in no way, shape, or form 'evil'. Running a website of that kind isn't free, so no one can expect to be entitled to use it for free without any restrictions.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

 No I don't mean actual porn. I mean those silly things on Facebook and Instragram etc, where you get asked "What would your porn star name be - work it out from your pet's name plus the street you grew up on". It doesn't have to be porn star, it might be anything that's worked out in similar ways. Little quizzes and questions that seem harmless but are really not. They are designed to get you to give away information that can be used to "recover forgotten passwords".

.... Dont wanna jinx it but never experienced any of this ether in ...hm ... over 15 years I use the Internet 🤨

I believe in 80% people told someone the PW (Angry Ex/Friend?!)  or fell for fake Websites(via Mail?)  that ask u to "sign in" because there is an "Problem with your Account". This Kind of Stuff.

 

 

Edited by CoraxCorv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CoraxCorv said:

or fell for fake Websites(via Mail?)  that ask u to "sign in" because there is an "Problem with your Account". This Kind of Stuff.

 

First one of those I ever got was for my Ebay account. I didn't have an Ebay account (and still don't).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont use Facebook and i would never join there, my Ex is there and is my worst Enemy, we only talk over our Lawyers!

And yes i write my PW in a small Booklet, but if you are so high IQ´ed that you can remember more than 30 Signs, wow you must be Einstein. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Orwar said:

   They're not 'de facto monopolies', there are alternatives for all three platforms you just mentioned.

They are if they are social platforms and all your peers are on them and you can't afford, or are not allowed,  to be.

Then again some of them are because although everyone is allowed on them, there is no way to escape them (Google).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

They are if they are social platforms and all your peers are on them and you can't afford, or are not allowed,  to be.

   It's perfectly simple. When signing up to Flickr, as just about any other online service, you'll be asked to inform yourself of their terms of service and you'll be expected to adhere to them. Failing to do so, they're completely entitled to suspend or delete your account. It's exactly the same as with SL, or Facebook, or any other virtual platform.

   Getting yourself suspended for failing to follow rules and then whinging about it is just childish.

   Flickr have been quite clear in their position on Second Life users: we're welcome to use Flickr, as long as we don't break any of the regular rules - namely: 

fc95e6edaec75e4f8b58cc688f3623ab.png   Full Flickr Community Guidelines here: https://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines 

   That includes credits with links to the MP or SLURLs to in-world stores.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To corporations like Flickr, Facebook, Google etc, we are not their customers. Their customers are the businesses who buy data and advertising from them. We are not their customers, we are their product, and the content we upload is their commodity.

We are no more customers of Flickr than cattle are the customers of an abbatoir.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

   It's perfectly simple. When signing up to Flickr, as just about any other online service, you'll be asked to inform yourself of their terms of service and you'll be expected to adhere to them....

I didn't realise we were discussing activity in contravention of their rules.  I withdraw my remarks where Flickr is concerned.

I still think Social Platforms gain monopoly status however.  And I still think the Western Misgovernments are in league with them.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey is this normal, Flickr vehaves today absolute Insane, Loading my Profile eeeendless waiting, Post anything almost impossible and needs also eeendless even call up the Website needs eeendless?

All my other Websites open immediately after 0,3 Seconds!

Thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted about twenty images to Flickr about an hour ago with no trouble, although it wasn't exactly fast.  Flickr always seems busy.  Each image was uploaded separately, and each is about 800KB.  How big are your images, and did you upload all at once?

 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Clarification.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 2:07 AM, Nikita Neuman said:

I dont use Facebook and i would never join there, my Ex is there and is my worst Enemy, we only talk over our Lawyers!

And yes i write my PW in a small Booklet, but if you are so high IQ´ed that you can remember more than 30 Signs, wow you must be Einstein. 🤣

Facebook has a "block" function.  I use it to great effect.

That said, no one needs to join Facebook; lots of my friends leave it alone due to various business practices.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

I posted about twenty images to Flickr about an hour ago with no trouble, although it wasn't exactly fast.  Flickr always seems busy.  Each image was uploaded separately, and each is about 800KB.  How big are your images, and did you upload all at once?

 

My Photos are mostly in Ultra HD and such a Size like 15.000 x 9000, its not about the Upload, that works fine, as Example i uplloaded my newest Photoshoot before 10 Minutes and 20 Votes, but Flickr still shows only 14 Voted.

The Website is lagging behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, Nikita Neuman said:

Hey is this normal, Flickr vehaves today absolute Insane, Loading my Profile eeeendless waiting, Post anything almost impossible and needs also eeendless even call up the Website needs eeendless?

All my other Websites open immediately after 0,3 Seconds!

Thx

 

4 minutes ago, Nikita Neuman said:

My Photos are mostly in Ultra HD and such a Size like 15.000 x 9000, its not about the Upload, that works fine, as Example i uplloaded my newest Photoshoot before 10 Minutes and 20 Votes, but Flickr still shows only 14 Voted.

The Website is lagging behind.

Then I don't understand what you're saying.   Why should everything about the site except uploads be a problem?  If the whole website were lagging, surely you wouldn't see them as fast as you say you do?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, Nikita Neuman said:

My Photos are mostly in Ultra HD and such a Size like 15.000 x 9000

If that isn't greatly exaggerated and written with tongue in cheek: that would be a fine sign to me of "I cannot optimize my photos, like at all."

UHD is 3840 x 2160 pixels, by the way, 4 times the size of FullHD. 

But well. The bigger, the better, eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

 

But well. The bigger, the better, eh?

For print ya... for web viewing not really.

I generally do 3000x2000 (or whatever proportions within that) @150 for web

But generally speaking anything over 72 is kind of overkill. Im just the type of nerd that likes to zoom in on pictures so I go with 150.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...