HUD favorites versus simply hiding HUDs

Cecilia Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I wondered if there is a quick way to make a HUDs favorite like the way you can favorite and display Landmarks within your window interface. 

Reason I ask is that simply hiding the HUDs on screen (ALT-SHIFT-H in Firestorm) does nothing to lower the script count, but detaching them does; in my case, I lowered my scripts from 114 to under 40 simply by turning off the HUDs I tend to use a lot but not all the time. The problem is that I can't turn them all off ... unless I make custom AO set, since my AO need the HUD showing to work, as does my MOVE! dance HUD.

If I had a set of HUD buttons then at least I could turn off what I am not actively using. without having to dig into my inventory folder to re-attach them.

Thanks. I hope I explained that right :)

2 hours ago, Kittycat Kiyori said:

So, I wondered if there is a quick way to make a HUDs favorite like the way you can favorite and display Landmarks within your window interface. 

Reason I ask is that simply hiding the HUDs on screen (ALT-SHIFT-H in Firestorm) does nothing to lower the script count, but detaching them does; in my case, I lowered my scripts from 114 to under 40 simply by turning off the HUDs I tend to use a lot but not all the time. The problem is that I can't turn them all off ... unless I make custom AO set, since my AO need the HUD showing to work, as does my MOVE! dance HUD.

If I had a set of HUD buttons then at least I could turn off what I am not actively using. without having to dig into my inventory folder to re-attach them.

Thanks. I hope I explained that right :)

As @Claireschen Hestensaid, put them in your favorite wearable folder.  The only one I keep on is my AO.  All others, including the dance hud, I only attach when needed.  If you build your own AO using the Firestorm AO, you wouldn't need any huds attached.

• Thanks 1

Another way, to quickly add/remove different sets of HUDs (or anything else, really) for different situations, is to wear all the HUDs you want for each situation, then save it as an outfit (name it ‘!Situation #X’ or whatever), then go to your Inventory > Outfits folder, locate it, and remove from it everything but the actual HUDs (you’re not removing the actual items, just links to them).

From then on, you can just open your Outfits list (Ctrl + o) and use the “Add to Current Outfit” or “Remove from Current Outfit” functions to quickly wear/unwear that particular set of HUDs without changing anything else of whatever you’re wearing at the moment.

In this way you can effectively make different, quick sets of ’Favorites’. Tip: name these special ‘outfits’ starting with symbols like ! so that they’ll appear on top and you won’t need to scroll down to find them, if you have a lot of normal outfits that might otherwise show first.

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.