Event Postings

TupeloHoney Adored

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have posted several events over several days. When I try to post another event on a different day but the same information, I an error saying that it is a duplicate event and need to make corrections. It is not a duplicate event, it is duplicate event information on a different date. Example: DJ Tupe is working 4-6 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I can enter Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday but Thursday keeps telling me it is a duplicate and can't enter it. No Event has been entered for that time on that date. Anyone know why it won't post for Thursday?

6 answers to this question

Quite a few people are having this problem, including me. There is also a problem with listing a similar event on the same day.  Say you're having a different performer every hour and the only info that is changed is the performer's name. It is seen as a duplicate event and so not allowed to post.

I wish LL would fix it.

Check here for a post similar to yours, you may have a better chance of getting an answer, or of LL listening to, and fixing, the problem many people are having.

https://jira.secondlife.com   (put the word events in search at the top of the screen).

I was involved with Metaverse Music Expo in Second Life last year, and the event is coming up again in February this year (2012).  They were unable to list many, many live music shows in events, because they got the same error message.  There is a bug that sees a different event as the same event, whether it's listed on the same day or the next day.

This has been a problem for a long time, and I'm disappointed to hear it still isn't fixed.

This problem has existed for years.  Check out this Jira from 2010 -

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3046?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=291990        Notice "Issue Links" as well as" Issue Links" on linked pages, and all the comments, and the dates of posts.  A LOT of people have this problem.

A work around I've heard of but haven't used, so can't attest to it's workability,  is to have multiple people given the ability to "Allow 'Event Hosting' on group land" under "Allowed Abilities/Parcel Powers" in the group that owns the land, then have others post on the days you can't, or the days they can't  because of Events posting being broken.

Time consuming and not as good as Linden Lab fixing a long standing problem that affects many SL residents negatively, but hopefully it will work for you. If you try the work around, please do post and let us know if it worked or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.