Personal Assistant wanted!

Michael Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

header.png.b0c97ab1d08f64a2368451d59c45b980.png

We are looking for a Personal Assistant on part-time basis to assist with smaller tasks throughout the week.
This job opening is specifically targeted towards (newer) residents without huge SL job experience or an impressive background.
If you have already had one or two smaller jobs and know your way around SL, don't be shy and apply!

➥ Information & Application: https://bit.ly/bscapply

☈ Questions? Need further information? Send an inworld IM to Michael Blackwood.

Edited by Michael Blackwood

Based on other similar offers I've seen, I've got to ask: Is this in the 'Roleplay' pay-range or the nominal RL pay range? Since you're asking for newer residents especially It's hard for me not to read this as yet another attempt at extracting under-valued labor to further a business. Your form looks nice and professional though.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
grammar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Based on other similar offers I've seen, I've got to ask: Is this in the 'Roleplay' pay-range or the nominal RL pay range? Since you're asking for newer residents especially It's hard for me not to read this as yet another attempt at extracting under-valued labor to further a business. Your form looks nice and professional though.

I have the exact same question actually. Nothing wrong with RP jobs but I’m very curious. 

13 minutes ago, SolsticeCarlet said:

Nothing wrong with RP jobs but I’m very curious

I agree, nothing wrong with RP jobs, but when the employer expects you to be basically on-call every day of the work week (read more details in the google form) that seems to me like it kinda crosses the line between a rp-scenario and a real job for me. I get that that line is different for everyone, the club jobs kinda straddle the same line, and it's probably not my place to push my moral compass on others, but in my mind asking someone to do a specific thing at a specific time (Ex. Host 2-4pm on Wednesday) and asking someone to respond within 15 to 30 minutes to any request within their window of availability is another thing entirely, especially if the employer is making significant profits off the employee's work.

• Like 1

I wanted applied to this position and was hired and there are a lot of unrealistic expectations. There was a trial period , which I ended,  although not as quickly as I should have after several jokes were made by Michael Blackwood about  me showing up naked to a meeting. I should have shut that down immediately but I didn't and that was my mistake.

What he is looking for is a second personal assistant in a time zone more compatible with his European Time Zone and who can be available on an on call basis , someone who is familiar with coordinating people in different time zones, who can help with the promotion of a live musician, is able to create and/or  proofread notecards for clarity and content, and other tasks as assigned, who knows Trello, Discord and Google Calendar, etc all for 500L/week.

4 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

And we finally have the explanation why this is geared toward newer residents who don't know better/are desperate.

I mostly applied for the job out of curiosity based on comments to this thread and wanted to see what would happen but 500l/week isn't enough for me to stick out a week for more information. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

I mostly applied for the job out of curiosity based on comments to this thread and wanted to see what would happen but 500l/week isn't enough for me to stick out a week for more information. 

I wouldn't have stuck around either. 2 dollars worth of Linden for being on call the whole week and doing a multitude of tasks. That's 2 dollar above slavery.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.