Lelutka Evo X

Jade Tachikawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Jade Tachikawa said:

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me please what the differences are between all the Evo X heads? I got the Lilly head and have upd

I'm assuming that its a slight shape difference

Well, its the Shape of the head itself - Yes. Try a Demo and Test it :3 

• Like 3

The photos on the wall vendors for Lelutka don't really give you that much information on the heads. I recommend getting every single Lelutka head demo, even the ones you don't like, and try them with a skin you like. The shapes of the eyes, nose, mouth, chin, cheek bones, brows, ears are all different. If you adjust each head until they are all approximately the same shape you will notice the differences and will be able to decide which is best for you.

Even if a skin says it's for Avalon, it may also work on the other heads.

Edited by Bree Giffen
adding to my answer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jade Tachikawa said:

Thanks for the info everyone. I have tried several Avalon skins on my Lilly and they appear to look ok.

I'm surprised though that there are not loads of skins for Lilly as this must be popular being it was a give away.

If U want a Lilly Skin made for Lilly, Look for ItGirls. 

I suspect there are so many for the Avalon head because it was the first European / Eurasian variant of the three most modern Lelutka heads of Evox. Many Shops had already switched to Evox, maybe there will be a return for Lilly after they have the Evox update, who knows.

ItGirls Lilly

https://flic.kr/p/2kFpgfa

2 hours ago, Jade Tachikawa said:

Thanks for the info everyone. I have tried several Avalon skins on my Lilly and they appear to look ok.

I'm surprised though that there are not loads of skins for Lilly as this must be popular being it was a give away.

I'm not quite sure why some creators are listing skins for specific EvoX heads as it's confusing to do so. They will work for other EvoX heads, I guess they're trying to show how to get the specific look for the head. But the heads all have the same UV map so any skin specifically for EvoX will work for any EvoX head.

I guess they don't want the other version's wearer's money? I hope this is one of those bad trends that dies out because its silly and confusing.

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

I'm not quite sure why some creators are listing skins for specific EvoX heads as it's confusing to do so. They will work for other EvoX heads, I guess they're trying to show how to get the specific look for the head. But the heads all have the same UV map so any skin specifically for EvoX will work for any EvoX head.

This is technically true, but if you take a skin designed for Head A (a very angular head with sharp features) and put it on Head B (which is a lot softer and rounder), certain features (shades) may look off. But then that's also true if you have a drastically different shape than the skin creators' whilst using the same head anyway, so, I suppose that's kind of a moot point .. 

I know in the past there were some issues of alignment for things like nostrils, but I don't know whether the Evo X UVs are more precise than head UVs from a few years back were with such things.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

This is technically true, but if you take a skin designed for Head A (a very angular head with sharp features) and put it on Head B (which is a lot softer and rounder), certain features (shades) may look off. But then that's also true if you have a drastically different shape than the skin creators' whilst using the same head anyway, so, I suppose that's kind of a moot point .. 

I know in the past there were some issues of alignment for things like nostrils, but I don't know whether the Evo X UVs are more precise than head UVs from a few years back were with such things.

:) That's exactly (the last part of your comment) with the new evo X UV map, all the skins fit better. Also I'd like to add that all evoX skins are unisex, you can wear any female skin on any male head (evoX). I have tried it before ^^ but of course, every head has different characteristics to make them unique, so the final result will be different from the vendor. As for Lilly, I have used some skins that says Avalon and looks good ♥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Yes, that's the point of demoing.

The point I'm making is: If the creator puts "For Avalon" on the ad, people without the Avalon head are less likely try the skin because it's implied there that the skin is only for Avalon. Which may or may not be the case.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Yes, that's the point of demoing.

The point I'm making is: If the creator puts "For Avalon" on the ad, people without the Avalon head are less likely try the skin because it's implied there that the skin is only for Avalon. Which may or may not be the case.

I agree with that totally. Though of course its a good way of them promoting new heads.

I don't go skin shopping much, but I've seen far more ads mention 'shown on XYZ' than 'exclusively designed for XYZ'. Except back when I was using Genus and only 'could' use skins/makeup made specifically for Genus Strong, since the other two had a slightly different UV that made many things completely incompatible.

• Like 2

I might be wrong, but is Lilly even an Evo X head?  I thought it was just an Evo head.  As far as I know, the only Evo X heads are Avalon, Ceylon, and Brianna.  There is an Evo line that can still use regular BOM makeup, but the Evo X heads cannot. They require BOM makeup especially for them (if you use the Evo  X setting)

2 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I might be wrong, but is Lilly even an Evo X head?  I thought it was just an Evo head.  As far as I know, the only Evo X heads are Avalon, Ceylon, and Brianna. 

Lilly got updated to EvoX, alongside many (if not all by this point, I lost track) Evo line heads. 

Edited by Littoralis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I might be wrong, but is Lilly even an Evo X head?

I think all Evo heads are now updated to Evo X. At least Sasha and Lilly are, which are what Neph and Mina have.

The update changed the ears' shape a bit to make them compatible with rigged Evo X piercings, and they have the option to choose between the old UV and the new UV for BOM.

• Like 2

So, for me, the Lilly head is an interesting case. I picked it up for my female alt when it was free during a promotion. I have had issues finding skins that "fit" well. The upper lip-line of Lelutka skins that were NOT specifically made for Lilly did not line up exactly with the upper lip of the mesh model. I tried tweaking the lip ratio, but was never really happy with the result.

I picked up the Catwa Queen when it was free. If I can't get a good look with that head, I will probably just buy one of the new evo-x heads.

3 hours ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

So, for me, the Lilly head is an interesting case. I picked it up for my female alt when it was free during a promotion. I have had issues finding skins that "fit" well. The upper lip-line of Lelutka skins that were NOT specifically made for Lilly did not line up exactly with the upper lip of the mesh model. I tried tweaking the lip ratio, but was never really happy with the result.

I picked up the Catwa Queen when it was free. If I can't get a good look with that head, I will probably just buy one of the new evo-x heads.

If you're having problems with the lips, Izzie's has a BOM lip concealer - just apply lipstick over it. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, Littoralis said:

Lilly got updated to EvoX, alongside many (if not all by this point, I lost track) Evo line heads. 

All these heads are updated to EvoX, but they can still be used as Evo by clicking a tab on the "Skin" page, just under the image. (NB you can not mix Evo and EvoX products on layers. Appliers for HD materials on eyemakeup and lips can be mixed. So if you have the head set to Evo, you can not buy any BoM products for EvoX, and vice versa.)

3.1 UPDATE FINAL!!!

Edited by Marianne Little
added more to clarify
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad not one of them looks pretty. Each one has it's own issues, whereas with Catwa there weren't any issues if the head was pretty. The only problem with Catwa is the hd line is worse than anything, but the original heads were very pretty. Lelutka heads have so many faults. 75% of them don't look classically feminine at all and have poorly shaped noses (just like the original lelutka line), and how the noses 'form' into the forehead is confusing. I often look at many actresses that are considered beautiful and wonder why not a single Lelutka head even attempted to at least make the noses resemble some of those people. Also, the cheeks on most of the lelutka heads are very ... ragged in the 3/4 view. After reviewing all heads over nearly a full year and trying every single skin I could find (videos soon to be published, but is a very long series that still is being edited) the two that could be perfect are Lilly and Fleur, but there are problems with both which could easily be fixed with more control and range on the sliders.  I'm not sure of that's because the rigging is poor or it's intentional so no one can ever be happy, which would be sad. The way the profile looks on fleur could use work, the brow bothers me and many skins eyebrows sit wrong on that head and it's baffling to me why they didn't just make it good. It's so obvious!  Lilly has some strange fat cheeks you can see in the 3/4 view like a few of the Lelutka heads and no amount of adjustment can correct. Many hairstyles make those cheeks even more unflattering. The nose on Lilly while better than most, is also strange from the side, like most all lelutka heads. Avalon and Ceylon are the ugliest and also seem to be the most popular. The way the lighting casts on those heads is horrendous. This is just my opinion, but I have convinced many of it as I own most every head in the lineup above, except the one with the sausage nose from the side that needs a good chopping off. Genus stole my money on that one, so I was ready for it with Lelutka and luckily avoided that train wreck. I'm working on videos to show these flaws in hopes that the creators will be more thoughtful with future heads. Not to mention all the concealers, contours and other garbage that needs to be worn to make the heads passable which shouldn't even be a thing in a game. I can only hope someone new makes heads and saves us from the depression of mesh heads we are in now.

Edited by Night Rainfall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Night Rainfall said:

Too bad not one of them looks pretty. Each one has it's own issues, whereas with Catwa there weren't any issues if the head was pretty. The only problem with Catwa is the hd line is worse than anything, but the original heads were very pretty. Lelutka heads have so many faults. 75% of them don't look classically feminine at all and have poorly shaped noses (just like the original lelutka line), and how the noses 'form' into the forehead is confusing. I often look at many actresses that are considered beautiful and wonder why not a single Lelutka head even attempted to at least make the noses resemble some of those people. Also, the cheeks on most of the lelutka heads are very ... ragged in the 3/4 view. After reviewing all heads over nearly a full year and trying every single skin I could find (videos soon to be published, but is a very long series that still is being edited) the two that could be perfect are Lilly and Fleur, but there are problems with both which could easily be fixed with more control and range on the sliders.  I'm not sure of that's because the rigging is poor or it's intentional so no one can ever be happy, which would be sad. The way the profile looks on fleur could use work, the brow bothers me and many skins eyebrows sit wrong on that head and it's baffling to me why they didn't just make it good. It's so obvious!  Lilly has some strange fat cheeks you can see in the 3/4 view like a few of the Lelutka heads and no amount of adjustment can correct. Many hairstyles make those cheeks even more unflattering. The nose on Lilly while better than most, is also strange from the side, like most all lelutka heads. Avalon and Ceylon are the ugliest and also seem to be the most popular. The way the lighting casts on those heads is horrendous. This is just my opinion, but I have convinced many of it as I own most every head in the lineup above, except the one with the sausage nose from the side that needs a good chopping off. Genus stole my money on that one, so I was ready for it with Lelutka and luckily avoided that train wreck. I'm working on videos to show these flaws in hopes that the creators will be more thoughtful with future heads. Not to mention all the concealers, contours and other garbage that needs to be worn to make the heads passable which shouldn't even be a thing in a game. I can only hope someone new makes heads and saves us from the depression of mesh heads we are in now.

Insulting and taking out faults in someone's hard work is a lot easier.  Have you ever thought, how would they feel when someone is trashing their loads of real time given, talents and skills given, and hard work into it as well? Also if you find these heads having a lot "issue" like you keep mentioning about, why don't you be a creator and make your own mesh head? That way you can make the perfect "Godly Look" avi head. And who knows? Maybe we can be perfect goody-two shoes as well, and probably seduce more than 50 men/women in one day? :)

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Night Rainfall said:

Actually lost for words for once 

• Like 3

Reading through the person's other posts, it becomes rather clear that she has really zero clue how the basic mesh head and skin, eyebrow texture and eyebrow shape, not to mention HD brows, and every other components plays together and eventually creates the final look.

The difference is that she previously called Genus the ugliest...

The noses on Genus are probably the ugliest I've seen in any character customization toolset...

The baby head's nose is okay,  it is the cheeks on that specific head which are chipmunk like.

amara beauty (probably my fav but still weird steel wool brows)

pink fuel (too old now)

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.