problem sloved. please delete this thread thanks.

Darkraven Danick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the mall owner is not getting back to you, you will probably not get any help from LL. They do not get involved with resident to resident issues. You have, however, the option of filing an AR. Whether this will result in anything is another matter.

Also, bare in mind that not everybody logs in all the time. There may be reasons why the mall owner have not been in touch. Having said that, I don't know how long ago you rented the space...

- Luc -

Sorry that you are in this unfortunate predicament, but honestly there's little that you can do. I believe LL would consider such a situation as being a dispute between residents and, per their policy, will not get involved.

The first thing you absolutely must do is edit the name of the mall out of your post, it's against TOS to post names in this manner.

Second thing... let this be a lesson to you. Never pay rent to someone with whom you've never even had a conversation. It could be that they are on vacation at the moment or for whatever reason they can't get inworld. Maybe their computer died or they lost their internet connection for some reason... you never know. Let's hope that this is the case and that when they get back they'll clear this up for you; maybe even give you something for your inconvenience.

In addition, maybe next time try paying for one week at first instead of six, so you're not out of so much money if something should go wrong.

Hope this works out well for you... Dres

Hi, I checked and that mall's owner has not been in SL for about a week. It will be good to wait for them to get online to set things up before filing anything like a fraud report!

For next time, it is good to talk to mall owners before you rent, and good to keep rentals short until you are comfortable that the place will work out for you.

That is not a fly by night place, that mall has been in SL for 3 or 4 years and its owner for a year or two longer. Yes really people do have to be away from SL for a while, 5 days is not that long really.

The stall you rented is L$50 a week, or L$300 for the six week period, that less than a dollar and a half. Really now, do you think an SL resident of 5+ years is trying to hide to scam you out of a dollar and a half? Really? Like seriously really?

how do I know, everything could happen, nothing to do with how long ther mall's been there or the price or anything. They are not even strictly logical related.

plus, regardless the suspicion of scamming, what really makes me mad is that after she reply I directly go for the rent, having everything ready including the decoration of the shop, but she never show up again! If you already know that someone is about to rent a place of your mall, you are not even be online once in a while and check it out? does that even makes sense?

so, it's not about the money, it's the attitude of the mall owner makes me really mad.

So what now? Am I suppose to wait until the end of six weeks rental and make my money all wasted? Is the mall owner really actually care about the tier? If someone is really THAT BUSY that can dissapear for such a long time, then don't open a mall, you can't manage that you are not capable of managing!

Yes, after 5 days you are potentially out L$35, or about fifteen cents. Think about that. Fifteen Cents. Probably the owner will adjust it, unless you piled on notecards full of threats, in which case the whole dollar and a half might be a reasonable aggravation fee to charge you.

As Cerise said, it happens that people can not log in for a while, even for a week or longer. RL issues (other than just being busy) may surface making it impossible to log in for long periods at a time. If the mall owner had some manager type thing going while she was away, things would probably work better. I don't know the mall or the owner, so I have no idea of how she does things.

Have you talked to some of the other tenants? Maybe one of them have a way of getting in touch with her?

- Luc -

go back to the mall click the rental box it will give you a blue pop-up with an option for re-fund (assuming they are using hipporent i can't be certain about other rent systems) which will give you a maximum of a 100% refund based on the number of full weeks rent that haven't been used
i would say anything up to 2 weeks is quite acceptable to be away from SL it could be the owner is on holiday if they are regularly going to spend such long periods out of SL they might want to get an automatic group joiner

you keep sarcasticing on the money issue, like you are really that RICH. I am not going to argue with you on this point, since that I am just " THAT POOR "  and a few cent means "a lot" to me, like my whole life, huh?

Ever been a merchant? do you know that for a merchant, customer is customer, no matter how much they paid you? Just because someone only paid you a few cent and you should treat them like dirt?Just because someone paid you a lot and they are your VIP? If you are like that, I'd say you'll never sucess in the merchant way.

and nope I did NOT sent her anything threaing and /or blackmailing. I am just asking her if she's online or not. I even try to contact other group member of that mall and see if I can contact the mall's owner, but it doesn't seems anyone cares. call me compulsive but I just need this SET UP asap, cause I don't want to get bugged by this anymore. lots of things wating to be done!

I know how annoying it is when you are "ready and set" then there are delays.  But I agree with several posters, I think something has happened in RL to prevent the manager from appearing; the money you paid is not enough for it to be of benefit to anyone...certainly not worth scamming for. 

I would send the manager an im and a notecard politely explaining your concern along with request that your rent be adjusted for the delay.  Also check to see if there is anyone else you can speak with...landowner, mall-owner, co-manager or  assistant.  Even another renter in the mall might have some information for you.

As mentioned before it is best to rent for just a short time 1-2 weeks...and not just initially but ongoing.  Virtual worlds just are not as stable as RL.  Our main store is on land we have rented from someone we have known personally for 5 years.  But we still never pay more than 2 weeks ahead. Also, we cash out frequently; get your funds out of world and into RL unless you are just using it to fund your SL lifestyle. Why tie-up your revenue...there is rarely a big incentive to pay more.  But, mostly you just never know what could happen to the sim owner, the land, or even the SL platform or  LL.

I am in no way taking sides here at all, I am just suggesting that the mall owner might be on holidays, in hospital, or even jail lol, that might explain why they havent logged in, but if they were on holidays, they could have at least cheked their emails to see if they had any..

Oh, and please feel free to ring LL about your problem, and then if nothing happens  may i suggest a good lawyer to you ?

I already tried the email contact. no response neither.

you are not taking sides, then what's that sarcastic words? because it's nothing to do with them, people can just keep trolling?

Oh yes you guys surely are rich, you must have a really BIG bussines out there, and a few bucks does not mean anything to you. so you can look down on others huh.

I sure will compose an AR when I think I have been wait long enough. we'll see.

Did it get resolved? 

Sometimes people do get called away from SL for RL emergencies. 

Try to contact other group officers and ask what is going on.

The right thing for the owner or group to do would be to extend your lease, free of charge, for the missed days.

It isn't just the rental fee you are out but potential sales.

Darkraven Danick wrote:

problem sloved. please delete this thread thanks.

If you delete your OP, this is not a PUBLIC forum and nobody can understand the answers and the help.

If you delete your OP, you are using this PUBLIC forum as a personal advisor. And personal advicers charge for their work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.