Not able to rezz objects on owned land

WinterDaes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I own land in the snow area on the mainland.   I put a house up and for some reason every time I rezz an object it says, " owner of the land does not allow..."  I am the owner, I bought the land.  The only way I can

do it is to build a box and rezz the object on it.  Its really a big pain to keep having to do that.  I tried at least 5 houses and still the same so I am guessing it isn't the house but 

something else.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Thank you. 

6 answers to this question

Usually when you get this message it means the object you have attempted to rez is too big for the land and overlapping into a neighboring parcel.

How big is your parcel and what are the dimensions of the house you're trying to rez? Also try to rez it in the center of your lad and not off to the side.

29 minutes ago, WinterDaes said:

The only way I can do it is to build a box and rezz the object on it.  Its really a big pain to keep having to do that.  I tried at least 5 houses and still the same so ...

I think you got five poorly built houses in a row.  The behavior you are reporting is pretty common in houses that have not been designed with careful attention to their physics.  Your solution is a really good one, though.  Rez a nice big carpet  --- probably rez it out side and drag in in -- and then rez things on the carpet after that. I know it's a clunky solution but it does work.  If you like the houses otherwise,  it's only a minor inconvenience unless you are rezzing a ton of stuff every day. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterDaes said:

I own land in the snow area on the mainland.   I put a house up and for some reason every time I rezz an object it says, " owner of the land does not allow..."  I am the owner, I bought the land.  The only way I can

do it is to build a box and rezz the object on it.  Its really a big pain to keep having to do that.  I tried at least 5 houses and still the same so I am guessing it isn't the house but 

something else.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Thank you. 

I always put down a prim rug and use that for rezzing inside any home I use. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.