Off Topic: Forum Issues

Darkie Minotaur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It sems that the nnumber of my posted solutions and the kudos have gone - I don't really care, but still it's strange. What is even stranger, I don't get the option to give kudos anymore. Thirdly, all my subscriptions haven gone.

Are these generral issues LL is currently having or is something screwed up with my account?

• Like 2

I'm not sure quite what you mean when you say your posted solutions have gone? As far as I can see, mine are still there, at least then number in my profile seems about right. The number of kudos given/received are also the same from what I can see.

Giving kudos seemes to be more limited now than they used to. It seems the option have been removed from a number of forums, but is still available in others. In Answers, kudos is still present. I would like to have kudos back in all forums, to be honest. I like having the possibility to give kudos to posts or comments I think deserve it. Several times I have read some post by someone, and wanted to give kudos but it has not been possible.

The messed up subsctriptions was said in the blogpost about the reorg of the forums. Still many, myself included, were caught by surprise to find they had to resubscribe to *any* post they wanted subscriptions for. I still haven't gone through the list and subsctribed to all of them.

- Luc -

Well, the fact that there have been changes (which I completely missed) explains part of the mystery: Since there are no more Kudos and no Solutions in this Forum any more, they aren't shown either.

In my profile, all is fine again - I guess that also is part of the aftermath.

Hello Darkie. My feeling is that by the day kudos and solutions don't exist more in forums all the solutions someone had in forums (for example LSL scripting), and all kudos he got in forums got removed although kudos remain still showing on the badges. My total solutions authored remain the same, because there were all in Q&A but the total kudos recieved was less in my profile than what i see in my badge and specifically 3 less (I remember that i have got them in forums).

I agree with Luc, is good kudos and solutions to be back in forums because often i want to reward users for their answers but i can't. I don't know really if it is possible, only LL can answer about it, but at least for my opinion what we see in our profile and in our badges must to be the same.

It is unfair for someone who achieved to understand mistakes in 30 scripts for example and helped others to fix them, to have now 0 solutions while he might to have 30.  On the other side really i wonder now, who cares about the number of kudos and solutions he has? I think we are here to help and to get helped and no to collect kudos and solutions. I posted again in past that kudos, solutions and titles are nothing for me. The important is to help someone when he needs a hand without returns and i want to believe that all of us work for that.

I only realized there was something wrong since this morning on my profile there was 0 solutions and 4 kudos - I actually can't remember how many there were before, I was just surprized. But the numbers are now back to a level which I thing is about right. Anyway, as I said, I don't care about that.

What I do think is bad is that there are no indicatiors anymore to show that the OP has been answered - this forum is mostly about questions and finding answers, so it's helpful to see when something has been answered without having to read through a thead.

And one from me too.  :smileywink:

Now, if there is a way to indicate when a correct solution has been accepted, that would almost complete the fix.  In the creation forums (as in SL Answers), we are here to help people learn how to do things, so it's especially important for everyone to see when a particular set of suggestions has been helpful.  The only creation subforum that I find bizarre in this context is the new Fashion category, which doesn't seem to be about creating things (or when it does, it duplicates the function of the texturing forum).

*Greedily takes his kudos and carries them to a dark corner - hunched over them, drooling a little from the corner of his mouth. He eventually lets himself drop to the ground where he strokes his cudos affectionately, muttering:*  "My precious - myyyyy precioussssss."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.