Why do ppl have the need to lie when isn't even necessary?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, Gabriel Isodo said:

SL is a lie. Playing SL is lying.

What do you mean by lie ? In RL I know what is a lie. It is something not true. But in SL it is fantasie and imagination. Maybe something real is a lie?

You do realize many of us do not lie even in Sl right?  That SL is lying to you does not mean it is lying to someone else. My rl friends know I play Sl.  I've actually shown them the sims.  That you want a boundary between both Sl and RL doesn't mean it lying to everyone.  That it is to you, speaks more about your behavior within Sl than actual Sl.

I am the way I am in both worlds. I don't hold my tongue,  I give unpopular opinions, am strong-willed, opinionated, and probably arrogant. Cause let's face it, most of us in my RL career are.  I stopped roleplaying in Sl once I went from 22-23.  Too much energy invested in creating a character that really ultimately I didn't like.

• Like 2

I don't lie in SL or in RL.  It's too much effort to remember lies.  I may prevaricate or defect, but I do not lie.  That said, why others lie could be because of:

a compulsion of theirs;

an intrusion of yours;

a need for some privacy;

a need for some space.

I have a few friends in SL who will IM me the moment I log on.  As flattering as this is, it raises my anxiety.  I then feel pressured, especially if I haven't been able to spend time with them inworld lately.  Some of my friends try to monopolize my time when I do spend time with them.  Since I have varied interests, I tend to do one thing for an hour and then moving onto something else for the next hour.  If someone questions me about how I spend my time, I'm less inclined to spend time with them, or even respond.  

If you think people are lying to you and don't want them to, then don't give them that opening.  Don't put them in the defensive position of having to justify how they've been spending their time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/7/2021 at 7:59 AM, Adrian Rowley said:

I have some friends that lie constantly about the silliest things. Why do ppl do that? They keep giving excuses why they don't log, or why they are busy etc. If I'm busy I just say so. If I am not able or wanting to log to a specific account I dont go around giving silly excuses. Maybe they do it not to hurt our feelings but after 15 years...do they think that approach still works?. What it does is make ppl feel silly...they dont even have to give me an excuse...who asked you for it? -_-

since it is constantly happen in RL,

why bother if it happen in SL ?

• 3 weeks later...

i think some people they might lie because the truth hurts sometimes. I know I have done it myself when someone wants me to go do stuff with him and so sometimes I have lied to someone because I don't want to hurt his feelings. So sometimes I have said i am busy when I am not really. I say I am busy because I need to spend few minutes alone to breathe :D. Sometimes people might say a little lie because even though they really ain't busy... some people just make out they are so they get a bit more time to do something else. Or simply I have lied myself when I just can't be bothered to go do certain stuff for someone. 

36 minutes ago, Robotshaz said:

someone wants me to go do stuff with him.... just can't be bothered to go do certain stuff for someone. 

What kind of stuff?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

What kind of stuff?

giphy.gif

hehehehe i'm a good rabbit i promise lol. It is basically 1 guy always wanted me to go play chess in secondlife with him and all that but sometimes I just wasn't always in the mood to do so. The guy absolutely loves chess but i got a bit bored of it because it became a daily request of him asking me to play with him. Not just that  but had some people wanting me to do the fishing at times also when I wanted to just relax and do other things too.

On 07.09.2021 at 02:59, Adrian Rowley said:

En aptalca şeyler hakkında sürekli yalan söyleyen arkadaşlarım var. pp neden bunu yapıyor? Neden oturum açmadıklarını, neden meşgul olduklarını vs. bahane edip duruyorlar. Meşgulsem sadece söylerim. Belirli bir hesaba giriş yapamıyorsam veya giriş yapmak istiyorsam, saçma sapan bahaneler üretmiyorum. Belki duygularımızı incitmemek için yapıyorlar ama 15 yıl sonra bu yaklaşımın hala işe yaradığını mı düşünüyorlar? Yaptığı şey insanları aptal hissettirmek...bana bir mazeret bile sunmalarına gerek yok...bunu senden kim istedi?-_-

We humans most of us choose to run rather than face it because it's easier.Lying always comes easier, but I think only cowardly people choose this way... I understand and respect a person's busyness, but if he has no time for you... (and if he is not a statesman (!) ) then there is no friendship, there are excuses to hide. As if being ignored wasn't hard enough, the lies told about it are much more difficult. He allegedly lied to not break your heart, he wants to convince himself of this, but look what I can say, this is a big lie! 🙂 If a person loves you and values you, she will find a way to talk to you. Another thing is, they usually accuse you of being an oversensitive person when you say what you think, but no, that's wrong. We are not sensitive, they are selfish and liars.I need to state it so as not to be misunderstood, I'm not forcing anyone to talk to me, I just want some honesty and courage 🙂 If he/she  doesn't want to talk and doesn't have time for me, let him/her. That's all.No, we won't be an obsessive fan of anyone and we won't spy on anyone's house with binoculars.😁 Some courage please! long story short it's not your fault they are liars, they are liars because all they do well is lie and make excuses. Let's face it, they're already doing their best. kisses 

On 12/31/2021 at 9:19 AM, Robotshaz said:

hehehehe i'm a good rabbit i promise lol. It is basically 1 guy always wanted me to go play chess in secondlife with him and all that but sometimes I just wasn't always in the mood to do so. The guy absolutely loves chess but i got a bit bored of it because it became a daily request of him asking me to play with him. Not just that  but had some people wanting me to do the fishing at times also when I wanted to just relax and do other things too.

him: lets play chess

me: I dont want to play chess , you always win.

simple

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.