I have a question about some lag in the viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

BTW, I've seen no difference in fps or video performance when I upgraded from the non-EEP 6.3.9 Firestorm to the latest 6.4.21.  Maybe it is faster with ALO enabled if anything.  I want my water to look like the old water, so I used the Default setting for water EEP.

The only thing I noticed, and liked a lot, was I could have ALM turned on and NOT use transparent water.  It did make a different to me and most places I go, I'm not near water. That wasn't an option until this latest version.  I do turn  on transparency when I'm taking pictures.  It's just nice to have the option with water without losing the use of ALM.  I recall water being one of the major players when EEP went live and people were complaining.

This may just be my experience but it's always nice to have more options with graphics for everyone's individual set up.  

6 hours ago, Linkachu4 said:

Here you go

Firestorm 6.4.21 (64531) Jul 21 2021 21:00:53 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 82.1, 57.6, 26.1 in Paw Pad Valley located at simhost-0f4e8ed90809dbc17.agni
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Paw%20Pad%20Valley/82/58/26
(global coordinates 131,666.0, 305,978.0, 26.1)
Second Life Server 2021-08-27.563385
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor           (3600.34 MHz)
Memory: 16316 MB
Concurrency: 16
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19043.1165)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Graphics Card Memory: 8176 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.22025.1006
OpenGL Version: 4.6.14742 Compatibility Profile Context 21.8.2 27.20.22025.1006

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.4.3 / RLVa v2.4.1.64531
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.09
Dullahan: 1.8.0.202011211324
  CEF: 81.3.10+gb223419+chromium-81.0.4044.138
  Chromium: 81.0.4044.138
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.10.0000.32327

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Dark)
Window size: 2560x1377 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 32 m
Bandwidth: 1500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High (5/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
Disk cache: Max size 1792.0 MB (17.9% used)
Built with MSVC version 1916
Packets Lost: 0/1,733 (0.0%)
September 05 2021 06:54:27 SLT

With AMD cards (especially modern ones) you're severely hampered by the Windows OpenGL driver - if you have the chance, try out SL on Linux - find a distro that works for you (I personally use Fedora) - I've (no joke) doubled my performance making that move.

Again: Only if you have the chance. If you need to stay with Windows, stay with Windows. If you know what you're doing, you can maybe try dual-booting.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

With AMD cards (especially modern ones) you're severely hampered by the Windows OpenGL driver - if you have the chance, try out SL on Linux - find a distro that works for you (I personally use Fedora) - I've (no joke) doubled my performance making that move.

Again: Only if you have the chance. If you need to stay with Windows, stay with Windows. If you know what you're doing, you can maybe try dual-booting.

Alright, I thought as much with AMD, but yeah, I am stuck with Windows due to what I do. I could try a dual boot, would probably need another SSD before try that, since the I am using is 250GB and has 76GB left. I wish there was a way to improve it on Windows though :/

2 hours ago, Linkachu4 said:

Alright, I thought as much with AMD, but yeah, I am stuck with Windows due to what I do. I could try a dual boot, would probably need another SSD before try that, since the I am using is 250GB and has 76GB left. I wish there was a way to improve it on Windows though :/

I'm using an AMD and windows.  I do as well as most people seem to be doing on Nvidia.  SL can be laggy.  Your best bet is to set up several graphic presets.  One especially for busy places.  I have several saved for difference circumstances.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linkachu4 said:

We've put a lot of work in the upcoming Catznip release to improve performance, however we're limited in the amount of hardware we can test on (and both are using Nvidia).

I would be appreciative if you could give the Catznip Beta a try and see if that works out faster for you, it should be noticeably so, but AMD is a bit of a blind spot and we really do need people to pile on and report back.

https://get.catznip.com/downloads/beta

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

We've put a lot of work in the upcoming Catznip release to improve performance, however we're limited in the amount of hardware we can test on (and both are using Nvidia).

I would be appreciative if you could give the Catznip Beta a try and see if that works out faster for you, it should be noticeably so, but AMD is a bit of a blind spot and we really do need people to pile on and report back.

I'll give it a try also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I shall give it a shot

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

After trying it out in the same spot, with view distance of 128, and shadows on, I am getting better frame rates actually. Now going from 16 - 21, instead 9 - 10 fps.

Impressive work @Coffee Pancake

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I'll give it a download on Fri this week and report back (currently working away from home, with my crappy laptop!)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.