Bento Hands not having any animations

JadenRiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchase some bento hands for a new avatar I was building but when I applied them the hands weren't really animating properly including the fingers. I tried using animation override as well as removing and enabling the same set of hands again but nothing is working, is there anything else I need to do to fix this?

Are you wearing any other AO's?

If you have an AO that animates your full avatar, its may be that those animations have a higher priority than the ones for your hands. 

Try attaching just the hands and the AO for them. Remove any other AO or animation thingies you may be wearing. 

For example, I wear a Lara body and a Vista AO. That AO animates my full avatar, hands and all.

If I sit on some furniture, my Visa AO will override any animations built into the furniture unless I turn it off manually.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse

Then it should work and its probably something you need to take up with the creator themselves sorry :/ assuming that the hands came with their own animations/AO. Hard to say 100% without seeing the item in question.

Dont share links on the forum, but you can PM me inworld if you like.

Bento hands need Bento animations.

Bento is the name of the project that added additional bones to the avatar skeleton (aka armature). Finger bones are a Bento addition. Animations made before the introduction of Bento do not move the newer bones.

Any brand of Bento hand will move when any brand of Bento animation is played. Some brands of hand will require their brand of animation to look right... best... but regardless of how good or poorly the animation looks the fingers will move.

Also, Bento animations server other purposes than just to move the hands and fingers. Not all Bento animations will include finger animation.

I can think of two things that can mess up. The hands are poorly rigged. Or the finger animations you are using are a lower priority than some animation that blocks the movement.

You can try removing all AOs and anything that may animate your avatar to see if there is a priority issue. Also clear all animation by finding Avatar Health and stopping all avatar animations. Then try your new Bento animation.

Be sure you are in a Script-OK region.

PS: As you say you are using no AO's so have none to remove... that suggests either an AO or other attachment you haven't realized is an AO or has a built in animator that is causing the problem or there is a problem with the hands.

In the later case, other than getting a re-delivery there is nothing you can do. In case of hidden animators, strip the avatar to just the classic avatar, no attachments. Then add the hands and try the animations.

If things are still not working then we would need to know which hands and which animations you are using.

• Like 1

I was just looking on the MP and a lot of the most popular hands do mention in the listing text that animations are NOT included. So check that. That would mean you ned a separate AO that animates your full avi, or just specifically your hands.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.