A fun question about SL quotes

Cooter Coorara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's a new one for you.  I'm a builder and I'm making a sign for a new pub/restaurant I am about to finish.  It is designed as an old mill repurposed to a new use, so it looks like a shop from the `100s or 1800s.  Not big, but cozy.  A neighborhood place we all know.  Like Cheers.

The sign needs a motto at the bottom.  "Where everybody knows your name" is taken, so I've been looking for an SL related quote.  I'm searching for Linden quotes, but any SL related quotes would work.  This old mill used to make dolls before modernizing and making avatars sort of idea.  So anything tongue-in-cheek prophetic would be a hoot.

You can make a quote up if you want.  It doesn't have to be an actual quote by a Linden.  Funny is best, if it's in a witty sort of way.  I came up with "Where everybody knows thy name".

Let's see who has an imagination out there.   :)

Edited by Cooter Coorara
to better illustrate what I'm looking for

11 hours ago, Cooter Coorara said:

Let's see who has an imagination out there.   :)

Call it 'Weird Nation' after this quote by Philip Linden :

Everything you're seeing now, the community built. It's part of a new weird nation where all bets are off. Here, the future is yours to create.

• Like 2

A bit similar with this "Where everybody knows thy name":
Where dolls and avatars meet.
Dolls and avatars, all are welcome.
I don't know if that mill making dolls was just an example though.

Then this quote themed stuff started to come in mind:
Don't ask for money, ask for quotes.
Replace this with your favourite quote.
Came to SL and all I got is/was this lousy quote.
I went to SL Forum and all I got was this lousy quote.
Veni, vidi, quoted.
There are no free lunches, but there are free quotes. ( maybe add: and free drinks here)
Where Forum makes your quotes.

Oh, I have been reading and enjoying the quotes.  Right now the sign reads "Where everybody knows thy name" but a few others are in contention.  I like "Tomorrow drinks are on the house" a lot, and I may make a separate sign just for that.  But others are excellent.  Keep them coming.  If nothing else, it's very entertaining.

And yes, Cooter is a guy.  And yes, I am a builder of all kinds of structures.  Some of you may recognize me as the co-owner of Caribbean Breezes, a smooth jazz club and the most popular attraction in SL at one time.  But that was long long ago and my partner has moved away from SL so I am now on my own building unique houses, skyboxes, and commercial structures and the like.  I don't meet as many folks as I did as a club owner but building is still great fun. 

And for anyone who remembers me from the old days, I left SL in 2010 and just returned in April of 2021.  Much has changed including me.  But not my quirky sense of humor.  :)

Hopefully none of this is misconstrued as advertising.  I am not in the business of selling stuff.  I am just having fun, and SL is now my full-time hobby.  A business makes money, and I do not.  LOL!

Old Linden Mill sign.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cooter Coorara said:

Oh, I have been reading and enjoying the quotes.  Right now the sign reads "Where everybody knows thy name" but a few others are in contention.  I like "Tomorrow drinks are on the house" a lot, and I may make a separate sign just for that.  But others are excellent.  Keep them coming.  If nothing else, it's very entertaining.

And yes, Cooter is a guy.  And yes, I am a builder of all kinds of structures.  Some of you may recognize me as the co-owner of Caribbean Breezes, a smooth jazz club and the most popular attraction in SL at one time.  But that was long long ago and my partner has moved away from SL so I am now on my own building unique houses, skyboxes, and commercial structures and the like.  I don't meet as many folks as I did as a club owner but building is still great fun. 

And for anyone who remembers me from the old days, I left SL in 2010 and just returned in April of 2021.  Much has changed including me.  But not my quirky sense of humor.  :)

Hopefully none of this is misconstrued as advertising.  I am not in the business of selling stuff.  I am just having fun, and SL is now my full-time hobby.  A business makes money, and I do not.  LOL!

Old Linden Mill sign.png

Do you have a URL? I couldn't find it. But then search is still broken and there were like 1,268 returns on the name of this pub.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.