Otaku Couple Looking for friends (JUST FRIENDS)

Amberlyn90

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hai There 

I'm not new to sl i know everyone starts with that but i have been on second life since 01/28/2009, however i've never had as much trouble making friends as i have been lately! Me and my husband have been taking a break from sl for awhile now due to a lot of rl crap but we have been wanting to come back in and meet people and have a friend group we lost almost all of our friends when we took the break. we are very open and believe in cross over (so example, your my friend in sl then i consider you my rl friend in my heart and mind) we are the type of people that refuse to separate rl and sl because we both get emotionally invested in our friends and family on sl as we do in rl! we are married in sl and engaged in rl been together 3 years now we wont  tolerate someone trying to start drama or trying to split us up. we are both huge anime fans and we love Japanese culture we are both American im on the east coast hes in the northwest so im slt+3 he is slt+1 but we dont care what time zone your in we just want some good down to earth friends maybe a little nerdy maybe not. 

Sincerely,  

Amberlyn90 Resident (Lizzy Kiriyuki)

• Like 2

You might enjoy joining a group in SL that actually does stuff, maybe an exploring group or Drivers of SL. If you're worried about women hitting on your husband, I'd be careful of roleplay sims and clubs, but women who hit on a guy who's obviously in a relationship are all over SL, so trust him and try not to worry about them.

• Like 1

Hey Amberlyn, feel free to add Sapphire Starlight. I don't do much in SL but socialize these days, and I wouldn't mind meeting you. I build light/dark fantasy avatars for fun and like to texture avatars as well. Plenty of room for you within my social circle should you choose to befriend me! :D

I too like Anime and forming bonds! 

• Like 2

Hi @Amberlyn90,

Not sure if your time zone would fit most of the daily events in Cypris Japan / Cypris Chat, as they are most likely you and your husband's morning time. Cypris Japan / Cypris Chat is a free language learning community that existed for more than 12 years now. I think you will also find many of us share the same values of crossing over our RL into our SL, and vice versa. We're an international group, so you will definitely get to learn about the different backgrounds and cultures as well.

Most of the events are done in the evening Japan time and you can bet there's a lot of Otakus among us there (I'm a mild Otaku but Yoshi Sensei seemed to think otherwise :P). I'm usually there on Saturdays to learn Japanese but for anyone just starting, I highly recommend their Friday Shiritori event, where the activity is done in a form of Japanese and English Language Exchange.

The Friday activity has the most Japanese native speakers due to the them wanting to brush up their English. Whereas the Saturday class has only one or two native Japanese to teach the rest of us Japanese learners and we mostly speak in Japanese for that class because Yoshi Sensei's English is very basic.

I also highly recommend the parties that are organised in Cypris because their regular DJ is a big Otaku (he's an American who married a Japanese after all, hehe). The next party will be for Halloween, so let's make our Otaku cosplay side shine that day ;) Feel free to drop me an IM or a Notecard anytime. Hope I will get to see the both of you in the near future.

Shiritori Language Exchange.jpg

Shiritori 2.jpg

Halloween 2020.jpg

Edited by Haruka Flores
Adding last year's Halloween photo :)
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello! I myself love anime! I am especially a huge fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures! I am also looking to make friends since I lost pretty much all of mine due to some drama that went down. If you can stand being friend's with a goth grim reaper that loves JJBA and makes ocs (original characters) for that anime, I would love to be friends with you!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, Amberlyn90 said:

Hai There 

I'm not new to sl i know everyone starts with that but i have been on second life since 01/28/2009, however i've never had as much trouble making friends as i have been lately! Me and my husband have been taking a break from sl for awhile now due to a lot of rl crap but we have been wanting to come back in and meet people and have a friend group we lost almost all of our friends when we took the break. we are very open and believe in cross over (so example, your my friend in sl then i consider you my rl friend in my heart and mind) we are the type of people that refuse to separate rl and sl because we both get emotionally invested in our friends and family on sl as we do in rl! we are married in sl and engaged in rl been together 3 years now we wont  tolerate someone trying to start drama or trying to split us up. we are both huge anime fans and we love Japanese culture we are both American im on the east coast hes in the northwest so im slt+3 he is slt+1 but we dont care what time zone your in we just want some good down to earth friends maybe a little nerdy maybe not. 

Sincerely,  

Amberlyn90 Resident (Lizzy Kiriyuki)

Hey hey! I know this thread is a little old but since it's been bumped, I'll offer my name into the hat in case you're still around and looking! I also play with my rl boyfriend and we're both into anime, manga, video games, nerdy stuff, etc! :) Would be nice to have another couple as friends.

2 hours ago, RavenTheReaper said:

I am also looking to make friends since I lost pretty much all of mine due to some drama that went down.

Same to you, the more friends the merrier! ❤️ I have an addiction to making OCs for whatever new fandom I enter, lmao, so no worries. 😆

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.