Could have sworn there was a vehicles forum at least? (Looking for Sailing)

Alun Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past, when I would look things up, I saw discussions on cars, etc., and I thought there was a dedicated vehicles forum. Driving, sailing, and flying are big enough activities in SL with big enough economy support that I thought there would be forums for them. Where do these discussions take place now...?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alun Starlight said:

EDIT: I see there's a sub forum for forum discussion on the...forums. Admins, please feel free to move my thread there, I didn't see it before. 

you could look in Favorite Destinations sub forum or Mainland in the Land forum section.  I've seen a few discussions there about sailing and routes to drive.  Might have to dig a little.

Favorite Destinations - Second Life Community

Mainland - Second Life Community

• Like 2

That is something I've always kind of wondered about that - Why is there no specific "vehicle" section. There's a good many of us who travel around the grid in various forms of road/air/sea vehicles, including on horseback, and even on foot. I know we have as Rowan mentioned, the Destinations Section, but as also mentioned to find anything, one has to dig...so what a "SL Explorers" sub section - specifically targeting drivers, sailors, pilots etc?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vicious Hollow said:

That is something I've always kind of wondered about that - Why is there no specific "vehicle" section. There's a good many of us who travel around the grid in various forms of road/air/sea vehicles, including on horseback, and even on foot. I know we have as Rowan mentioned, the Destinations Section, but as also mentioned to find anything, one has to dig...so what a "SL Explorers" sub section - specifically targeting drivers, sailors, pilots etc?

4 hours ago, animats said:

Yes! We need a "Travel" forum. Sailing, driving, flying, horses...

YESSSS! ALL OF THIS!

Okay if admins don't move this post in a week I'll repost in the right thread and we can keep beggging and begging and serving big cookies to Lindens to get our Travel & Vehicles forum! =D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I just can imagine said forum would be filled to the brim of complaints of security orbs and dreams of being able to fly/drive/sail into people's bedrooms without fear of repercussions.

😉

Hmm....I don't know. There needs to be a home for legitimate discussions of these very big hobbies in SL. People who will complain will complain anywhere. 

5 hours ago, Vicious Hollow said:

I like your title better! "SL Explorers Forum! =D

• Like 1

Think this is a fantastic idea. Destinations would be ok, though I think of the destination of the arrival, rather then the act of getting there.

maybe a sub forum, but this is a fantastic idea, there always seems to be questions and sometimes the various groups are not of much help.

My experience is that residents who love to travel in vehicles express themselves in many inworld groups. I suggest the following starting points - SL Sailing Association for sailing secondlife:///app/group/2ee60bcf-94c1-3916-272e-406c46d3db4b/about , SL Aviation for flying secondlife:///app/group/9cc7debb-0031-5b6a-fb39-a3cc41e60755/about , and Drivers of SL for land vehicles secondlife:///app/group/402f2af0-fbe2-8b0c-d394-06532bc83437/about

This would be a great suggestion.

Years ago I used to read a couple third party 'sailing' forums but they were always stuck in massive drama over who's forum had the right to be the real SL sailing forum... or something that stupid...

And that drama eventually made them all pointless.

Something here would be much better.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.