I notice a subtle color change on the crystals and trees in the Fantasy Homes!

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Yay!  It's meteorological autumn now!  This is one of the occasional benefits of using the shared environment settings in your viewer instead of using custom EEP settings or just locking your viewer to Midday. It's a magical world.  🌈 9_9

we can still see the transition to the night mode even if we're not using the default eep, which is nice, but that magical world lasts for only an hour, the rest of the day the EEP is not good to be honest, i hate looking at my home during the day unless i use a costume EEP,  you did amazing job with the landscaping it's so beautiful but EEP is important and strong element in landscaping, wish you will make a special EEP for the fantasy region at least with colors and fog, mist so the magic lasts the the whole day.

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 4

Patch's seasonal pic links are still alive:

Re: magic all day ...

7 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

we can still see the transition to the night mode even if we're not using the default eep, which is nice, but that magical world lasts for only an hour, the rest of the day the EEP is not good to be honest, i hate looking at my home during the day unless i use a costume EEP,  you did amazing job with the landscaping it's so beautiful but EEP is important and strong element in landscaping, wish you will make a special EEP for the fantasy region at least with colors and fog, mist so the magic lasts the the whole day.

Do you mean you want the bio-luminescence, the glowing on the trees, bridges, roofs etc. to last all day?  If so, that will take more than just a simple EEP setting that you can choose at any time.  It requires that the land has a new Day Cycle where the sun never rises, so that the scripts that turn the color glows on and off believe that it is night all the time. 

You can define one on your parcel, but unfortunately all the trees etc. around it will still be following the regular SL day/night cycle.

Others have requested this as well, because there are some people who have limited time in SL and don't get to see the 'magic' at all.  The only solution I've come up with is to create a separate small Fantasy continent, perhaps like the 9-region "clumps" that already are in Belli, where the day/night cycle is inverted, so night is 3 hours long, and day is 1 hour long.  I don't think you want it to be night all the time, because the transitions between day and night are REALLY magical.

Personally, I prefer the day cycle the way it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Re: magic all day ...

Do you mean you want the bio-luminescence, the glowing on the trees, bridges, roofs etc. to last all day?  If so, that will take more than just a simple EEP setting that you can choose at any time.  It requires that the land has a new Day Cycle where the sun never rises, so that the scripts that turn the color glows on and off believe that it is night all the time. 

You can define one on your parcel, but unfortunately all the trees etc. around it will still be following the regular SL day/night cycle.

Others have requested this as well, because there are some people who have limited time in SL and don't get to see the 'magic' at all.  The only solution I've come up with is to create a separate small Fantasy continent, perhaps like the 9-region "clumps" that already are in Belli, where the day/night cycle is inverted, so night is 3 hours long, and day is 1 hour long.  I don't think you want it to be night all the time, because the transitions between day and night are REALLY magical.

Personally, I prefer the day cycle the way it is now.

No that's not what i meant, it doesn't have anything to do with the glow thing at all, i meant some colors to the sky, clouds, haze etc, i didn't want to bring up the Horizons again, but i guess i have to; to explain what i mean, Horizons have a special EEP and it's a beautiful one and the transition between day and night is really nice and colorful, here's an example i visited the horizons same time as the fantasy region, you can see how pale the EEP of the fantasy compared to Horizons:

Snapshot_16398.thumb.jpg.a3ae10202372562643f7c51461db3099.jpg

Snapshot_16399.thumb.jpg.51c21a2c4ba03b2479c81e6110589975.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I might try to make an EEP with the Horizons setting and just try it at a vickie or trad!

:)

I actually tried it on the fantasy region, and it looked nice, this is the Horizons sunrise, they made a special EEP for Horizons because it's a Sci Fi theme, It's weird that they didn't do the same for the fantasy theme ( not same EEP but a special one made for it, so the day time won't look dark and colorless)     :

Snapshot_16401.thumb.png.71a412b22082afbbe6bd960eaa942687.png

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.