Impossible to add someone as a friend

Natacha Haroldsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend from Flickr and I are trying to connect in-world, this is totally impossible it seems.

It seems second life is having troubles (at least with me) to make friendship with different timezone. Meaning adding someone when that person is offline, to me seems that we get the request, we accept, it appears in my friendlist (until that all is normal), then BOOM. a bit later the person is gone from your list.

We tried both of us, I had the same trying to add my bloggers (and still some have not succeeded).

How to fix this ? we tried to connect thru mysecondlife.com to see if that could help, but no :(

Is SL becoming anti social 😛

Thanks for the help

Natacha

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Natacha Haroldsen said:

A friend from Flickr and I are trying to connect in-world, this is totally impossible it seems.

It seems second life is having troubles (at least with me) to make friendship with different timezone. Meaning adding someone when that person is offline, to me seems that we get the request, we accept, it appears in my friendlist (until that all is normal), then BOOM. a bit later the person is gone from your list.

We tried both of us, I had the same trying to add my bloggers (and still some have not succeeded).

How to fix this ? we tried to connect thru mysecondlife.com to see if that could help, but no :(

Thanks for the help

Natacha

The only solution to this is to make sure you are BOTH online when the friend request is made and accepted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Natacha Haroldsen said:

Thanks for the help

Natacha

I had this happen recently and the solution was to send and receive the friend requests while both avatars were logged in at the same time.  That worked and I was "friending" an alt so I had two instances of SL open simultaneously.  The Linden who helped me said it was a known issue which is being worked on.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.