Blender Collada .dae file problem

Mitzie Mohr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Using Blender using V. Bibb. With Primmest and Python I imported a .dae file made in SketchUp V8, saved and changed it to a Zip, unzipped it then brought in the .dae file into Blender using the "Second Life Sculptie (.tga. obj .dea)" option.  When it imports the only mode available is "Object."  How do I get to the Edit Mode? When I select it in Object mode and try to "bake" it under RENDER/BAKE SCULPTIE MESHES, nothing happens.  No UV map appears.

I've tried importing that same .dae file using Mixamo Collada 1.4.1 Importer but Blender crashes on my Vista PC when that's attempted.

Sorry, I'm so lame. Any tips or help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Well, first, this forum would be for full blown meshes rather than sculpties, so you might not get the kind of answers you want here.  I'll say that Render/Bake Sculptie Meshes doesn't work here as you need to use Blender's packaged File->Export->COLLADA 1.4 option to make your object into something you can upload to the mesh grid as a mesh object.  This could also be why the Mixamo Collada 1.4.1 importer fails, because it's not meant for use with sculpties.  But perhaps I'm just not understanding what you're asking in this case.

To enter edit mode, you either use the appropriate dropdown menu (which reads Object mode for you) or press Tab in most cases.

Also, you cannot enter edit mode if more than one object is selected. Press A to toggle selection off, then select one object by left clicking, then press Tab key to enter Edit mode. What version of Sketchup and Blender are you using? Some problems were reported with importing Sketchup 8 Collada output.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.