Best AO

SimplyJiwoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's a difficult question. As a base, I'm using Vista Nina, since I enjoy being a bit more expressive and teasing in my motions and the HUD has some neat options. Partial overrides are great to change up some details.

Since then however I've modified it considerably, added several animations, switched things around, took others out. I've got a folder of addon animations such as umbrella holding, smartphones, etc. Heck, my hair comes with an occasional animation where it brushes hairs back or forth.

So... I'm not sure it would even still qualify as the AO I bought.

It realy depends on what you want from an AO. Some are moving about a lot, some are very subtle. There are ones that are all girly and very kawai, business ones, tough ones etc. You can also get seperate animations you like and combine them yourself, either in an empty AO hud or, if you use Firestorm, in the built in AO. Maybe other viewers have built in AO as well but I don't use them so I don;t know. Have fun shopping and trying out animations!

• Like 5

I honestly just prefer to build my own. I almost never like ALL of the animations in a single AO set, so I just buy individual poses and use the built-in Firestorm AO instead of a scripted hud. Most of the animations I buy are from Stun Animations, Ana Poses, Versuta, Lyrium, OMY, and Sweet Art. I also have loads from Kuso/Oracul, but they haven't made new ones in years now so I've kinda phased them out of my AO in favor of newer bento poses from the other stores.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SimplyJiwoon said:

What you're pick on the best or favorite AO?

Script wise? I wrote my own, which I give out as a freebie - so that it would have no HUD (works by sending commands on a private chat channel) and work by setting your 'state' rather than running an animation so it would keep working in a no-script area and also not have lag/latency delays in switching like the viewer built in AOs do. LL's changed the way AOs are supposed to be built in 2013 to the 'state' method and yet almost no AO sold uses it because everyone's still using the ZHAO script that was made in 1923 and feels that old...

Animations wise - I go to shops with bento animations and try them out because what's good is extremely individualist and depends on both your shape and the personality you want to express, both to yourself stuck watching that little cartoon and to people you encounter in SL.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

I think of AOs in different ways. There are canned AO devices which come with a set of animations. There is a generic AO device that has no animations and the user has to load in animations. There multiple brands of both AO devices. Then there are AOs categorized by  the animation they contain. So, a guy AO and a gal AO may be the same device with different animations loaded.

@SimplyJiwoon It isn't clear what you are asking about.

As far as devices go there are built-into-the-viewer AOs, AOs in attachments like a dragon body or horse, and in HUDs. The viewer-built-ins have the least script impact in-world. All the others have an in-world impact. So check your script weight for which ever attached AO you use. In this case new AOs are not necessarily better. -- In the LL Viewer you can click top menu AVATAR->Attachment Scripts and get a list of the scripts you have attached and how much memory each is using.

As to which device is better... other than to say which has the smallest foot print script-wise, I think this is more personal choice than technical excellence. I mostly use Firestorm built-in AO with animations I've purchased over time. I started with a female set of animations and have been changing and adding to that set. I duplicated it using a ZHAO II for those times I use a viewer other than FS.

Some are a bit complicated when it comes to adding new animations or changing animations. Some carry the setup in memory others depend on a note card contained in the HUD. You need a backup of any AO that uses memory. You need to backup the note card from those AOs that use that method.

...and there are good free AO devices.

• Confused 3

On 8/30/2021 at 11:12 AM, SimplyJiwoon said:

What you're pick on the best or favorite AO?

Best ao is an ao curated by yourself. I buy animations and poses in different stores then shoot them to firestorm's built-in AO. Really fun and easy to use it. Feels like you are making a song play list

Edited by tako Absent
  • Like 3

I use a 2 very simple animations from vista and use it on firestorm AO, the problem with that, is others who don't use firestorm and use other viewers, will see you with no AO at all, it's horrible, way worse than the system AO.

I so very much like these vista animations mainly because of the face expression, so simple and natural, i can't find anything similar to it, so I'm willing to sacrifice myself looking like a noob for it:

b41d3539f71bca541537a5531ff6f8ce.gif

• Like 2

others who don't use firestorm and use other viewers, will see you with no AO at all, it's horrible, way worse than the system AO.

hmmm I have an alt who i solely log in using official viewer and my main account that is always on fs viewer. I sometimes log these 2 account at the same time when im doing some building and photo. I never encounter such "ao not playing" issue using built in ao of firestorm viewer. I actually never seen anyone I know using the firestorm built-in ao with "no ao" at all. I have never encountered such problem.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, tako Absent said:

hmmm I have an alt who i solely log in using official viewer and my main account that is always on fs viewer. I sometimes log these 2 account at the same time when im doing some building and photo. I never encounter such "ao not playing" issue using built in ao of firestorm viewer. I actually never seen anyone I know using the firestorm built-in ao with "no ao" at all. I have never encountered such problem.

Oh yes! I just checked it out, omg all this time I thought maybe half of the residents are seeing me without an AO and I look stupid to them!

Maybe I had connection problem at that time when I saw myself without an AO on my alt's account with LL viewer, glad I talked about it here; so someone can finally correct me, Thank you!

• Thanks 1

I have been getting  AOs from Oracul which I think is also called AX. I think they are good although there are some weird running and jumping animations. I also have a free AO from TuTy which is pretty good to use for a new avatar. Before that I would just make my own AOs with animations from all the different animation places.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Look no further

Im the guy to ask.

I have a meticulously in-depth firestorm AO that I put together over a decade from scratch. im talking more animations you care for to have.

Proof:
https://gyazo.com/7f22e17f872c87f5ec7b766b27350d3f

I own entire stores worth concerning the male animations side of things, specifically of:

Oracul (full ao)
Vista (full ao)
Body Language (full ao)

Beras (static)
OMY (Static)
Hotdog (static)

SAPA Poses (static)
Russkaya (static)
WRONG (static)

Kokoro (static)
STUN Animations (static)

some animations i have are one offs or packs from places not known for their animations like: 

Aii
YOROSHIKU
𝘼𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙮
UNGOD 
PIROCIOUS
5ifth Order
WHITECITY
ZΔION

i dont own any from: Ana Poses, Versuta, Lyrium, Sweet Art, or Tuty
but i will after today. and im sure i left some out.

now im a guy and you know the item ratio on second life women have double the amount usually at least the marketplace dictates as such.
so if youre female youll have no problem finding things for your Firestorm AO at the places i just mentioned.

If anyone would like help with their firestorm AO albeit in my opinion quite simple just send me an IM.

Edited by Reverend Blackwood
tabon yemek
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.