Decorating, A new money making strategy?

8 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If someone came to my house and said I didn't have the best things and offered to redecorate I think I'd show them where the door was buttttt that's me.

It's what I thought, I'd be looking for the Eject button faster than they can ask for lindens.

@Ayeleeon If the complaint was with the animations, then I can understand. There are animation packs in SL which never should have existed but an alarming number of creators use them, even in high quality furnishings.

Maybe a thread for recommending adult furnishings already exists?

7 minutes ago, unknownmelody said:

Sorry about that. Doesnt sound like good intentions with regard to you. sorry about that. do the way you do and continue.

Don't be sorry, there is actually someone else I would rather have move in, if anyone does.

• Like 1

As someone who had hired a decorator who transformed my whole home island I know that you get what you pretty much pay for.  I had a lovely decorator who gave me a dream island within short time but it came with a price tag I was prepared for. But this was an arrangement from the start.

I guess I am curious what you ended up paying for the whole "home makeover" because the original post sounds like she did it for free minus two items she ended up adding. Which in my opinion is not bad. Unless they were extremely expensive items, to which you could have said no.

I mean if you had intended on dating her then that's a whole different subject... Perhaps you didn't communicate with her your intentions. You agreed to her giving your house a makeover.

The bottom line....are you happy with the work she did in your home?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mr Amore said:

If the complaint was with the animations, then I can understand.

I am pretty sure the animations were fine, She would have said that no matter what animations were in the furniture just to try to get the opportunity to decorate. The bed she was questioning was not mine, it had come with the place, but it seemed great to me. She didnt start with wanting to redecorate though, she atrted by taking me someplace else, and when I commented on an item their, a terrarium with a lizard in it, she told me she had one like it and if I brought her to my house, she could rez a copy for me. Then after the terrarium was set up, she asked where my bedroom was. We went in hopped on the bed, she cycled through a few annimations then hopped up and said they were no good, but that she could get me a better bed, she had already gained a little trust by giving me the terrarium. I wonder of she took me to the place with the terrarium was hoping I would comment on something and she could offer to give it to me. The place was packed with interesting things. 

Edited by Ayeleeon

Decorating is a long time legit business opportunity in SL.  After having read through all of this is seems obvious to me at least, that this is a matter of a jilted lover.  She didn't want to stay, for reasons that are becoming increasingly obvious, and that results in all those ugly feelings of rejection.  .... save face my man... let it go

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Freya Olivieri said:

I guess I am curious what you ended up paying for the whole "home makeover" because the original post sounds like she did it for free minus two items she ended up adding.

No I got off cheep, only 381 lindens, for three items, There were 8 or 9 additional items I did not buy, one was 295, some i din't even look at, by then I saw where it was going.

5 minutes ago, Bo Leeder said:

Decorating is a long time legit business opportunity in SL.  After having read through all of this is seems obvious to me at least, that this is a matter of a jilted lover.  She didn't want to stay, for reasons that are becoming increasingly obvious, and that results in all those ugly feelings of rejection.  .... save face my man... let it go

LOL, I had just met her. She was a fling, nothing more. She seemed to have no interest whatsoever in making space for the art I had. I dont need anyone who thinks that way.

42 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

She isn't moving in, she just wanted a place to do her decorating, I am sure by now she is looking for another guy with a place she can transform.

Yeah it sounds like she's just taking advantage :/ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

by then I saw where it was going.

well, you seem to have been seeing just in time. it's quite strange the way things turned out. I get people can go shopping and gifts may happen. However asking for money instead of a gift is very strange. Though I dont see any new strategy. Maybe it was. Pros will ask in advance and charge. That's no flirt and will put those being serious to disgrace. I get things added like rezzing an item for you, you had seen on a tour. Anyway you could both come to some conclusion as to part. So hopefully you can move on. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, unknownmelody said:

However asking for money instead of a gift is very strange.

yes this part made me wonder if she already had the item in inventory, I give her money to buy it, then she rezzes the one she had, and keeps the money for new shoes.

Edited by Ayeleeon

On 8/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, Orwar said:

I'm such a terrible house guest. I can't help but remark if things are floating or if the rotation of something is off by a few degrees .. Ordnung muss sein, and all that.

Note to self:  have Orwar come over and check this stuff, because my eyes are crossing :P

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Note to self:  have Orwar come over and check this stuff, because my eyes are crossing :P

He'll definitely point it out. Also, if your furniture is too triangle heavy, he'll tell you that too. lol 

18 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Do you also get a sign to put out, like "This home was inspected by @Orwar"? 😄

Pfft, not a sign ..

.. It's a plaque. 

• Haha 7

On 9/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, Catrie said:

He'll definitely point it out. Also, if your furniture is too triangle heavy, he'll tell you that too. lol 

LOL -- that I'm sure of.  I have one or two items out from a popular creator that are outright appalling

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, it wouldn't be nice of her to lie, of course. Do not get me wrong.

But.

You got the place fully equipped with better furniture then U already had and she invested her real time in a place that doesn't belong to her. So I think it's a little weird to be there butthurt because you might have given her a few linden dollars. I think that's just as brazen at your end as her lie ^^ Be a Gentleman and get over it.

Edited by CoraxCorv
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CoraxCorv said:

To be honest, it wouldn't be nice of her to lie, of course. Do not get me wrong.

But.

You got the place fully equipped with better furniture then U already had and she invested her real time in a place that doesn't belong to her. So I think it's a little weird to be there butthurt because you might have given her a few linden dollars. I think that's just as brazen at your end as her lie ^^ Be a Gentleman and get over it.

I agree with this. She did all the work and OP gets upset over paying a few pennies for it. Sure she could have been up front about it, but if someone furnished my place I would feel like a cheapskate for not tipping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

I agree with this. She did all the work and OP gets upset over paying a few pennies for it. Sure she could have been up front about it, but if someone furnished my place I would feel like a cheapskate for not tipping.

Kicking a dead horse at this point, but I disagree. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but if someone does something for me on a friendly basis (I didn't ask for it and  minimal prior discussion) tipping them would feel to me like a bit of an insult to them, like not fully accepting a gift. If someone gives me something I didn't ask for, then expects me to pay for it, that's an awfully manipulative sales tactic I wouldn't stand for; even if I liked it, I think I'd give it back.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Kicking a dead horse at this point, but I disagree. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but if someone does something for me on a friendly basis (I didn't ask for it and  minimal prior discussion) tipping them would feel to me like a bit of an insult to them, like not fully accepting a gift. If someone gives me something I didn't ask for, then expects me to pay for it, that's an awfully manipulative sales tactic I wouldn't stand for; even if I liked it, I think I'd give it back.

I would just ask. "I think it's really nice that you want to furnish my house and provide me with your items, if you should need something, please let me know". There seems to have been a similar agreement, and now he is crying about having spent a few cents on something that the woman may have already had. In my culture gifts are also accepted, but it is also normal to offer support here. For example, if someone lets me ride in his car with him on a longer journey, then of course I ask if we can split the gasoline bill and so on. Something like that cannot be taken for granted. It would also be impolite to give someone a more expensive gift than was agreed upon. For example, if we agree to Christmas gifts of up to 50 € among work colleagues, and someone gives something for 200 €, then the person who has spent less is ashamed. We are German and thats how I am raised in my Area and Family.

Edited by CoraxCorv

1 hour ago, CoraxCorv said:

For example, if someone lets me ride in his car with him on a longer journey, then of course I ask if we can split the gasoline bill and so on. Something like that cannot be taken for granted.

On that point I'd have to agree, especially if it was a trip I was already planning on taking.

• Like 1

Based on your story i  think she was just another random person feeling bored in Second Life, she had nothing better to do while logged in so decided to offer you her "decorating blah blah skills" and given the opportunity make some pennies out of it. Typical scenario.

14 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Perthaps it is. We'll agree to disagree then :)

On 9/1/2021 at 12:25 AM, Ayeleeon said:

No I got off cheep, only 381 lindens, for three items, There were 8 or 9 additional items I did not buy, one was 295, some i din't even look at, by then I saw where it was going.

Man, you are really a miser.

From your post, I thought about thousands of L.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:17 AM, Ayeleeon said:

I am pretty sure the animations were fine, She would have said that no matter what animations were in the furniture just to try to get the opportunity to decorate. The bed she was questioning was not mine, it had come with the place, but it seemed great to me. She didnt start with wanting to redecorate though, she atrted by taking me someplace else, and when I commented on an item their, a terrarium with a lizard in it, she told me she had one like it and if I brought her to my house, she could rez a copy for me. Then after the terrarium was set up, she asked where my bedroom was. We went in hopped on the bed, she cycled through a few annimations then hopped up and said they were no good, but that she could get me a better bed, she had already gained a little trust by giving me the terrarium. I wonder of she took me to the place with the terrarium was hoping I would comment on something and she could offer to give it to me. The place was packed with interesting things. 

Is the terrarium still there, so she put out an item you could look at for months and it could have cost her more than 300 L.

Many beds that come with fully furnished apartments has those old, low quality animations already mentioned. Because people who rent fully furnished, most times have no idea of what's good or bad quality. They just want something that's cheap and already set up for them.