Would this laptop work for Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Pro-Tip: the folks around here are residents and regular users just like you. You want them to do you a favour. At least wrap your request in "Hello! ... Thank you for your help."

People just getting to the point may seem a little bit brash to you, but I personally prefer it to having to filter out a sentence or two of meaningless pleasantries. Saying 'please and thank-you' is nice, but I don't see not saying it as especially rude in this context.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What the hell, folks... I didn't demand that he/she/it or whatever pours out their heart and tells a sob story on how much they loved their old... even older machine, how bravely it struggled with simple video playback and how it saddens them to death that they must replace it. Such a half-arsed post as the OP would have been closed and the user gettting told off elsewhere.

Bet if I had written "ancient piece of poo, no", you would have jumped on me for being sooo rude. 😃

Haaah, the ambiguity of the forums, gotta love it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone :) Not sure if this info will help but I am building a PC for second life use only and here is what I have so far:

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 pro

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Renegade 3200MHZ DDR4 DIMM (x2)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti 

Not sure how all these components working together will run second life but I am hoping for good results. Hope this info helps. 

5 hours ago, EmilyAdair said:

Hi everyone :) Not sure if this info will help but I am building a PC for second life use only and here is what I have so far:

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 pro

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Renegade 3200MHZ DDR4 DIMM (x2)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti 

Not sure how all these components working together will run second life but I am hoping for good results. Hope this info helps. 

Looks good so far but I would add another 8GB of ram at the very least. 

Definitely 16 GB of RAM or even 32 GB, considering that RAM is on the cheaper side at the moment... and perhaps get a Crucial Ballistix kit with the same specs as the Kingston one. There really aren't any massive compatiblity issues these days, but, for example, G.Skill products get reports of faulty modules way more often, whereas the Crucial choices are known as "good to go" candidates.

The product code should be BL2K16G32C16U4B, at least for the 32 GB kit I'm looking at.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.