Enjoying my boat slip

Danielle Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I guess that now we might find out how closely the moles/Lindens read the forums over the weekend, since Danielle is missing a HB that she doesn't want anyway, so won't be reporting!  My guess is that they don't read them, but still ...

SHHH!  DON'T WAKE UP THE WABBIT!!!

{or mole)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Once, when my cabin would not rez, I put out a tent and a campfire and a sign. And like you, it happened on a weekend, so I had to wait until Monday. You have to make the best of things!

send-moles.png

That has got to be the cutest thing I've seen in SL!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, a while ago, I suggested someone not contact the Moles and just rez their own stuff.  I forget which Mole promptly responded, but they stated that doing so WOULD be a violation of the LH Covenant.

Oh - And I'm real fun at parties *giggle*

Edited by Always Incognito

• Moles

We've noticed recently an increase in occurrences of people parking mega yachts on their houseboat parcels that are waaaaaay too big to fit next to their houseboat Linden Home or smaller boats that could if the owner bothered to try. The same goes for floatplanes or other vehicles. Anything that sticks outside your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. That goes for vehicles as well.

If your boat or plane can fit completely within your parcel it should. If it can't you probably need to get a smaller boat. The more common the practice of sticking the bow of a boat or wings of a plane far out past the parcel line becomes (especially when it could easily be moored 100% within the parcel), the more pressure we face in addressing it. This is how specific things that should be obvious get added to the Covenant. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

If your boat or plane can fit completely within your parcel it should. If it can't you probably need to get a smaller boat. The more common the practice of sticking the bow of a boat or wings of a plane far out past the parcel line becomes (especially when it could easily be moored 100% within the parcel), the more pressure we face in addressing it. This is how specific things that should be obvious get added to the Covenant. 

I wonder sometimes if the success that LL has had in improving region crossings has contributed to the plethora of massive motorboats.  Friend of mine drove up in an immense one that was 200+LI, said she had no problem zipping over.  /me hugs her 30-something LI vehicles.  (I MAY get a 70-something LI seaplane, but I'z kinda skeered about it.)

It's particularly difficult to fit seaplanes onto stilt parcels without overhanging boundaries, and I want to remind folks of how easy it is to use a rezzer.  Even when I want a vehicle to always be visible, it's nice to use a rezzer so that it's always placed perfectly.  And if you really don't have room to rez your vehicle without overhanging,  I'm sure no one will object if you only rez it when you're about to use it.  There are many rezzer gadgets on the marketplace; some vehicles come with their own.  I use a script i wrote that rezzes whatever vehicle/object you choose on touch - you create a notecard listing each vehicle/object that you put in the rezzer's inventory, each vehicle's LI (just so the script can check if there's enough LI to rez it, if you want that check done), and where to put it (position & rot from build menu).  I imagine most rezzers are basically the same.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I wonder sometimes if the success that LL has had in improving region crossings has contributed to the plethora of massive motorboats.  Friend of mine drove up in an immense one that was 200+LI, said she had no problem zipping over.  /me hugs her 30-something LI vehicles.  (I MAY get a 70-something LI seaplane, but I'z kinda skeered about it.)

Long before those fixes there was one specific boat maker that used to send me free megaboats they had built on an almost weekly basis.

I kept telling them I've got a 'thing' for tiny boats, but then a new megaboat would show up on my popup list of things to accept.

These megaboats have been around for a long time.

Some folk's just really go in for that sort of thing.

6 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

We've noticed recently an increase in occurrences of people parking mega yachts on their houseboat parcels that are waaaaaay too big to fit next to their houseboat Linden Home or smaller boats that could if the owner bothered to try. The same goes for floatplanes or other vehicles. Anything that sticks outside your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. That goes for vehicles as well.

Does this also apply to massive sails that, while completely within the parcel boundaries, extend beyond the 15 meter height limit?

7 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Maybe offer a boat slip as a new home so i can kick off that ugly house boat? Love SL but omg....My bow is behind the yellow line now. Had to sink it to tell it was over lol.

• Moles

We gave people the option of removing the house entirely in Horizons and just asked them to stay in theme. They didn't. Which is why bare parcels is not an option in Bellisseria. If we allowed what you are proposing most of the "boat slips" would have everything but a boat in them. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Does this also apply to massive sails that, while completely within the parcel boundaries, extend beyond the 15 meter height limit?

I would expect that those could be AR'd, just like anything else on the property that is higher than the limit.

1 hour ago, Danielle Atheria said:

Maybe offer a boat slip as a new home so i can kick off that ugly house boat? Love SL but omg....My bow is behind the yellow line now. Had to sink it to tell it was over lol.

I like the LH houseboats, but for those who don't, there are lots of boat slips that are not in Linden Home areas!  Look up in the Blake Sea, maybe even Tradewinds.  A little more reasonable, perhaps, in Fruitlands/Eden. 

Or just make your own, and you can put whatever you want there!  Here I am, floating in my 512 in Heterocera.  I think I paid $3K for it, couple of years ago, and the tier is paid by an alt that has a LH camper.  Yes, that's a protected waterway to the right of the parcel, and a protected entire water region beyond my little tower home (which I love, @Christhiana!).  Took me about half an hour to find this parcel. Yes, I have neighbors, but they have to put up with me, too, and besides, they're never inworld.  Haven't seen any griefers.  Sometimes I have a 2nd boat rezzed.  There's a gas pump right under the tower, for anyone to use.

512_001.thumb.jpg.bc2d3b0277fb8fbb271ecedc13c357e1.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

We gave people the option of removing the house entirely in Horizons and just asked them to stay in theme. They didn't. Which is why bare parcels is not an option in Bellisseria. If we allowed what you are proposing most of the "boat slips" would have everything but a boat in them. 

To be fair, and I do live and love living in Horizons, the homes available were...umm...at least it's always sunny on my parcel!  For what people pay now for land there, it's understandable they'd want their own personal look.

Thank you for answering 😀 … I have my own land to live on and ^^that one for um guests hehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.