Comments/Compliments on your avatar

Muffinstuff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't get "compliments", but do get those long-winded roleplay pm's of somebody trying to get in my pixel panties from time to time.

When it comes to compliments, it's only fair, as I may think to myself that somebody's avatar looks really nice, but I don't tell them.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Complimenting others is a good thing. Never fear they will think it is a come-on. Just assume they will. Give your compliment and let it drop. Most people are polite and accept it then wait for the follow up come-on. If there isn't one, I think most consider it a sincere compliment. Some times some interesting non-sexual conversations follow. Better to get out there than live in 'what they might think', which is really our projection onto them.

You gotta put yourself out there, I will often try to open a conversation by commenting at first on something interesting in their profile, rather than the avatar. Let them know I took the time to read it and I am interested in getting to know them. I am always open to whatever happens, be it an interesting conversation or something else. 

• Like 5

I, well Debi mostly because Blush isn't in world hardly at all, get compliments quite often. But the main reason I'm responding to this is that I'm one of those who will send an IM complimenting a person on their avie. Anytime someone stands out as having a super well put together avatar I will send the person an IM. My intent is never to strike up a convo, though I do enjoy a good conversation. I just figure if someone has put that much effort into their appearance, they will appreciate a compliment without a come on attached.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 6

imo-210907.jpg

the only compliment I ever got inworld so far was from someone who told me I shouldn't look like that (= blond) cause I'm asian in real life , yesss LOLs! I think because of that, people expect me to look like one of those 'uwu' animes (which appears to be a new trend in sl ><) In fact, there are a few in flickr that I find really cute but it's something I don't identify my style with, also most of the asian skins on sale I don't like at all.
anyways, to be honest, the most important thing for me is myself being happy with my avatar look, and not necessarily with what people will think about it  :)

• Like 11

On 9/7/2021 at 3:34 AM, Imogenya said:

imo-210907.jpg

*snip*
anyways, to be honest, the most important thing for me is myself being happy with my avatar look, and not necessarily with what people will think about it  :)

This, right here. Be who YOU want to be, not what society or some mouth breather tells you you SHOULD be. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Because I am usually so busy working on making things or taking photos, I don't venture out in to the wide world of SL much these days. On the occasions where I go shopping, I sometimes get compliments on my avi, whether it be overall look, hair, clothing, etc. Because I dress and style for me ( I really don't care what others say about what I look or don't look like) I don't really pay attention much. I am much more miffed when I hear people say mean things about someone (typically it is a certain body preference). While I understand that people  have their own preferences, what happened to the saying:  if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? I was brought up to be kind. I certainly have my own opinions on what looks good or not (I especially catch on to disproportioned avatars), I never say anything about it. I try to find something I like about them and compliment them on that. As for people asking me where I got things, I don't mind sharing. I often will pass my owns shape to others, or let them know where to get skins, hair, etc. Most people are surprised and super thankful, and I never worry about anyone taking my "look" because I tend to change it so frequently anyways :) 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, JeromFranzic said:

Depends... with my main avatar, I'm often complimented on how modest I usually look. 

I save my wackier and racier outfits for my alts. 

This is changing... a little ... I think my alts wacky moods (particularly my younger male alt) is beginning to infect me. LOL I'll leave it at that. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

Its rare that anyone comments on my appearance, either positive or negative, but a few months ago a guy said to me that he thought my shape was the best-proportional shape he'd ever seen on a Gianni body. Given that I made my shape myself, that made me feel good. 

This is my other girl alt, whose shape I also made myself:

51404654441_edc197dd76_b.jpg

Anyone who tells her she's "fat" will get a pointy boot in the rear end and a mouthful of her considered opinions.

Did you not create the shape to be obese? This "is" a full figured shape, with thick arms, neck, wide waist and legs.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

When I bother to leave my sky pad, I frequently get IMs along the lines of "wow great avi", to which I reply "thanks, she should be, I spend enough on her."  Convos tend to peter out after that.

I usually respond the same way lol and honestly it is true ;o)

On 8/27/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ayeleeon said:

I think the last comment I got was from someone asking if I was a Mormon, because I had on a white shirt and a skinny black tie.

I recall the comment (on the other thread) asking if by any chance you forgot to wear your teeth. :D

It is possible it was the same person who said my hands were small.  xD

Edited by Echelon Alcott
  • Haha 1

I often get complimented on my shapes and styled looks. Often, I explore the grid in a shape I've made for my store and also still wearing the clothing from my sponsor, for a blog post. I take advantage of the compliment, to tell them about the sponsor and that I created the shape. It feels good to be complimented on the shape, feels like I'm a step in the right direction. I also love being able to tell them it's a sponsor and give them the LM if they want it, to further help my sponsor.

I recently helped a girl at the genus store and we got to talking. She complimented the skin and clothing I was wearing. I told her they were from my sponsors and we eventually traded discord ID's, and she joined my sponsor's discord. We also both play gta5 online, so that was awesome, to find someone with same gaming interests.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
typing errors

On 9/7/2021 at 4:34 AM, Imogenya said:

imo-210907.jpg

the only compliment I ever got inworld so far was from someone who told me I shouldn't look like that (= blond) cause I'm asian in real life , yesss LOLs! I think because of that, people expect me to look like one of those 'uwu' animes (which appears to be a new trend in sl ><) In fact, there are a few in flickr that I find really cute but it's something I don't identify my style with, also most of the asian skins on sale I don't like at all.

How did they know your ethnicity in world? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.