Inventory Verification

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My application reads names, or UUIDs, for animations, and sounds, from a configuration notecard at start up. As the notecard is read I need to verity that these names, and UUIDs, are valid before the script attempts to use them later. I attempted to use: llGetInventoryType() to do this. I find this works only on items in the object's Content tab. The need is to verify the validity of any name, or UUID, that can be passed to the functions llStartAnimation(), and llPlaySound(), regardless of where the item is. How can that be done short of playing the animations, and sounds, in advance?

Yes and no. There may be other tests you can do, but the only two I can think of at the moment are "is this a validly formatted key  that is not null-key" and "is this string an item in the objects inventory".

You already noted llGetInventoryType() for the latter test, for the former test you can use just a simple if(ID);

The only valid UUIDs that can be passed to llStartAnimation are internal viewer animaitons, listed here :http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

Sounds and textures would be harder to verify.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.