my avatar has the wrong shape to other users

Davide Petronius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Nearly every time I log in now, my shape appears female to 1 other user (not always the same one).  I've never worn a female shape, and it never appears like that to me, but frequently my partner sees me as a female, but nobody else does.  Or I'll be at an event, and one of my friends will see me as female but my partner does not.  I've cleared out all my shapes and reloaded to no avail.  It's very strange.

4 answers to this question

There is some kind of bug going around, my feet and face look odd to some persons that use the phoenix, I use the V2.

It has something to do with compatibility issues, my friend usually has to TP away then back and its fixed. If I try to fix it on my end, it doesn't work.

The female shape is the not so lovely Ruth, mother of all avatars, male or female. She was put into retirement and replaced with a fluffy cloud but she still likes to make an appearance now and then.

Go to your Library clothing folder and drag any of the avatar folders in there onto your avatar. If that doesn`t rezz, go somewhere quiet like Smith and clear your cache. Relog to Smith and stay there until your inventory is fully reloaded and hopefully you should rezz ok then.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.