So what happened to the photos I uploaded for my forum profile on secondlife.com?

Eio Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was never confused as to my Profile inworld and that it is web based. 

What I was trying to figure out was how many proflies there are on secondlife.com. 

Because I already uploaded a number of images and chose the one for my avatar and cropped it and it used to be seen to the left of my posts. 

Charlotte, thanks for letting me know that there is only one profile, or whatever it's called, here on secondlife.com, that helps with my confusion., since there is only one profile here on secondlife.com, then I can only guess that when LL changed the format for these images they deleted my photos or at least did not use the one I selected for their new image, but instead use the default for me.

What I'd like to know now is;  Where are the photos I uploaded to secondlife.com?

10 answers to this question

either click your name to the left of your post or your name on top of the page, where it says "welcome, Eio Tuqiri". that will be your forum profile.

suella has made a great thread about making a forum avatar/badge here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/m-p/707025#M190

to add comments/info to your op use options > edit.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the wrong answer, but I found your profile by using "google" and got this

http://world.secondlife.com/resident/7ff1c992-97ef-4d5f-ace8-dc4d51e90d86

But yes, I see what you mean, I think. When I go to the secondlife.com home page and use "search" to find your web profile, it gives me a different photo on a group information, rather than your profile

http://world.secondlife.com/group/68a61044-cb04-aa1a-e0bb-807ed29183f7

Your inworld profile should be the same as your secondlife.com profile, but your blog/forum profile is different, because ... well, just because it is!

Maybe LL should actually use the same inworld profile details for the forums too, all accessible via secondlife.com, but that would be separate to the query you have, Eio.

You need to click on "my settings" next to your name on this page to alter/amend your blog/forum profile.

SL is a confusing world. LL seem to see fit to have three ways of doing one thing, inworld and out of world on these blogs/forums.

Eio Tuqiri wrote:

K, bee, I just took a look at that link you posted, so I guess this is my FORUM profile, as different from my secondlife.com proflle? and do I have a different profile in Bolgs and are there more than two profiles?  Why all the different profiles?

yes, forum profile is separated from your inworld profile. (as marigold also mentioned). not more than two profiles. you have your inworld profile and your forum profile.

whether you post in answers or forums it will show your forum avatar. if you comment a blog post it will only show your name and rank icon (the orange bowling pin looking thing there *points* lol)

why is it like this? haven't got a clue :D

Ok, Eio. I think I understand the confusion. The profiles are now web based. https://my.secondlife.com/eio.tuqiri is your profile. Period. Inworld it is the one that is used. You can update it inworld or out.

The other profile is the one that is right here right now to the left of us. The one that says Honored Resident. Its referred to as an avatar badge usually but profile is also a way to describe it, its the link to your forum profile.

There are only two profiles, your inworld/my.secondlife.com profile and your community profile/forum account.

• Like 1

You haven't said which viewer you are using. Phoenix and Imprudence use the older in-world profile as do many others. Depending on which version of which viewer there may be a mix of old and new profile in use. 

The SLV2 style viewers are using new web profiles in and out of world. If you update using a viewer connecting to the old profiles you won't see the changes on the web profile. Changing the web profile via the web may not update the in-world profile.

If you are going to spend time on your profile use an SLV2 viewer or edit it via the web.

We are going to deal with this issue until all the viewers update to the Viewer 2 code base.

Hi Eio,

You have just 2 profiles, one for these Community pages & one for the rest of SL, though the SL one does look different if you look at it on the web or inwold.

These Community pages use Lithium software so in a sense they ae completely separate from SL and have the URL community.secondlife,com.

Just to make it more complicated, people have a different registration date here and a completely separate friends list too & you can send private messages to people here but only if they are registered here. I think just signing in with your SL username & password gets you registered, but not everyone in SL has done that.   

Use the link in Bee`s post for how to create a nice badge for your Community profile. :)

• Like 1

Oh, Eio, when the forums changed about Februaryish I think it was or sometime around there, all the photos were wiped out as well. I too had to upload new photos and I myself asked the same question you did. If its been awhile since you have been on here, then your photos are gone and you will have to upload new ones.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Old-Forum-Profile/qaq-p/721373

• Like 1

Eio Tuqiri wrote:

What I'd like to know now is;  Where are the photos I uploaded to secondlife.com?

If you click your name, either on a post or top of screen, you will see your uploaded images on the rightside of the page. You can click the link at the bottom of the images panel to get to where you can manange them. Clicking on one picture will give you options above it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.