Question about scripters

Ramses Meredith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, may I ask here if somebody know where to post a "looking for a scripter to hire"? The post a job section is not good here to find a professional one, since not many follow it, and I relaly need a professional one to be hired "in rl" to work in SL.

Thank you in advance and sorry if the post is in the wrong place!

Ramses Meredith

12 minutes ago, Ramses Meredith said:

Hello, may I ask here if somebody know where to post a "looking for a scripter to hire"? The post a job section is not good here to find a professional one, since not many follow it, and I relaly need a professional one to be hired "in rl" to work in SL.

As silly as it may seem, if you need to graduate from what the general public in SL can provide (mostly hobbyists , set their own schedules and have RL stuff going on) you need to hire a Real-Life proffessional, who would almost certainly not be profficient in LSL, but would probably be much more likely to have web-development expertise. Depending on the nature and scope of your project, posting on somewhere like one of these places might be warranted.

41 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

As silly as it may seem, if you need to graduate from what the general public in SL can provide (mostly hobbyists , set their own schedules and have RL stuff going on) you need to hire a Real-Life proffessional, who would almost certainly not be profficient in LSL, but would probably be much more likely to have web-development expertise. Depending on the nature and scope of your project, posting on somewhere like one of these places might be warranted.

Thank you very much for your answer!!! To be honest need to be more expert of sl scripting since the web  part is done, that's the reason of my doubts hehe but I will for sure give a look to the link you provided!

4 minutes ago, Ramses Meredith said:

To be honest need to be more expert of sl scripting since the web  part is done, that's the reason of my doubts hehe but I will for sure give a look to the link you provided!

Well, Experts of LSL scripting basically exist only on SL. I personally think these forums (the in-world employment section specifically) are a good place to advertise for such work, along with a few in-world groups. You're free to disagree.

18 hours ago, Ramses Meredith said:

To be honest need to be more expert of sl scripting since the web  part is done

LSL is a completely useless language outside of Second Life. The chances of you finding a "professional LSL scripter" anywhere but here is basically zero.

You could always go asking around for the scripters of big SL brands.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You could always go asking around for the scripters of big SL brands.

I was thinking that, too. I hesitated because at least some creators are tight-lipped about who works for them, for fear of losing whatever competitive advantage they suppose they're getting from their own magic dream scripter. (Still, can't hurt to ask.)

About "the web part is done", that may make an LSL scripter a bit cautious. Depends on the application and the design, but there are potential pitfalls in having one part of anything "complete" while another has yet to be designed, especially dealing with SL functionalities that are so often constrained by bugs and artificial limitations imposed to conserve sim resources or protect from griefing. But I'm sure it'll all be fine. <———(famous last words)

• Like 1

You could always ask here for advice on how to write it yourself.    LSL's http functions and events aren't terribly complex once you start to use them, and I think you'll find several of SL's "professional scripters" (whether as themselves or as alts) follow this forum and are generally glad to offer help and advice on interesting topics.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 3

If you read their ask in the inworld-employment section, they're asking for someone with web-language experience, but asking them to do non-web related tasks, and sign a NDA and such. There might be a handful of "industry professional" type people about, but probably not many who are looking for a "serious" job.

• Like 1

I have seen the post in inworld-employment.

Just saying: I would only sign a NDA when I get a RL contract with all details what the task is and RL payment and a payment plan with milestones and payments.
SL and professional are two worlds - I would not mix that up.
This is no offer - I'm not interested in any script works.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.