Avi Will Not Show Up...Just a white oval!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Trixie,

Click open your inventory, and type in the search bar the word "worn" in your inventory. Typing in worn will show you all the items that you are wearing.  Now look through all your items worn and see if your shape (for your avatar) is showing up as a worn item.  If not, you need to go to the folder where your avatar skin and shape is and re-apply your shape by hitting the wear option of your shape.

This happened to me once.  My shape detached somehow.  I'm not a computer wiz and have limited knowledge, but try that first and make sure u are wearing your shape and that it didn't get detached. 

I think my shape might have detached from a possible virus in an avatar physics thing that someone sent me free.  Were u wearing the avatar physics when this happened?  I'm just curious. 

Hello. At first try to test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. Usually it fixes the problem. If you see your avatar this way like a newbie, after you can change outfit wearing again your favorite.

If the problem remains, try to clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

After that, relog in a protected land without land like Smith, Aqua, Lime. Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. That means, you download, you get back your inventory (suggested to do that every time you log in - if your inventory is not fully loaded, you do nothing else). When downloading finishes, change outfit choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.